『96』

⁶⁄₇|𝟚𝟘

When Taehyung steps into the bedroom, he sees Seokjin sitting up in the bed rubbing at his eyes. Taehyung takes that as a sign for the older just now waking up. He leans against the door as it closes, and slowly but surely, he starts to feel a sort of anticipation and guilt mix in his stomach. Seokjin looks up at him, his eyebrows pushed together. "What did you do?" He mumbles as he scoots out of the bed, Jimin turning over on his side in response to movement in the bed. Taehyung knows what Seokjin's really asking him: What did you do to feel so guilty?

Taehyung leans further against the now shut door. "I- uh let your father into the apartment," He says quietly, hoping the older can hear him. He knows he does when Seokjin's movements freeze and a mixture of unpleasant emotions fill their bond.

"He's here?" The older questions, his voice steady in contrast to the rapid flashes of emotions he's pushing through the bond.

"Hyung?" Namjoon sits up, his voice tired as he looks around until his eyes land on Seokjin sitting on the edge of the bed. Seokjin doesn't say anything when Namjoon moves across the mattress and takes the older into his arms. "What's wrong?" The younger mumbles, and Taehyung hates how Seokjin's eyes finally meet his, anger now pulsing through the bond.

Yoongi's the next one to sit up, confusion written all over his face as he looks at Seokjin. He seems to put some of the pieces together faster because he looks at Taehyung next, and a feeling of realization hits Taehyung from their bond.

"Baby?" Hoseok pushes himself up, blinking as he wakes up. He looks at Seokjin, but Seokjin just keeps looking at Taehyung and keeps getting more and more upset.

"Hyung, I-" Taehyung starts.

"Tell him to leave," Seokjin even sounds angry.

"But you don't understand-" Taehyung's voice cracks as his stance sinks a little. Now, everyone is awake, and even all the confusion in the bonds can't hide how angry Seokjin is.

"What don't I understand? Do I not understand that you let my father in the apartment when it's clear that I don't want him here?" The older raises his voice, and Taehyung doesn't know what to do. So, he doesn't say anything, shrinking against the door, wanting to become unseen. "Get off me," The older grumbles, trying to shove off Namjoon's and Hoseok's hands. He knows Seokjin wouldn't want to see his father, yet he still let the man in. He tries to not let his guilt overwhelm him, but it's getting harder and harder as Seokjin gets more and more upset.

Suddenly, Jimin's beside him, his hand resting on Taehyung's arm. "Tae, why did you let him in?" He asks softly.

Taehyung opens his mouth to speak, but his mouth clamps shut when the tears begin to flow down his face. Jimin quickly brings both of his hands to the younger's face and wipes away the tears. "I- he told me why he wants Seokjin-hyung and Hoseok-hyung to get engaged, and- and I thought hyung would want to hear it too." He admits softly, and Jimin something akin to shock runs through their bond before he's pulled to the older.

"It's okay, Tae. I know you don't want to upset anyone," Jimin breathes words of comfort as he continues to hold Taehyung. He lets himself be held, tears still streaming down his cheeks. "Do you want to tell the hyungs why? I'm sure it'd be easier for them to hear it from you." Jimin says softly, his voice encouraging. Jimin pulls them apart so that he can see Taehyung's face. Taehyung nods, so Jimin pulls him to the bed where they all sit, waiting.

Jimin holds Taehyung's hand, him being the calmest one out of the six. Well, the calmest one for Taehyung. "He said-" Taehyung tries to start, but ends up cutting himself off with a shaky intake of breath. "He said he's working to change the marriage laws," Taehyung looks toward Seokjin, ready to feel something more upsetting than before, but all his feels is that the older still isn't happy. "And- and that he only wants you to get engaged." Taehyung continues. "I- I don't know what all he's doing, but I thought- I thought you might want to hear what he has to say." Taehyung gulps and looks away, Jimin's thumb rubbing a comforting pattern on the back of his hand.

Just when it feels like Seokjin might say something, Yoongi says does instead. "Come on, let's go. I'm sure Jimin-ah and Tae will be fine here." The others listen, getting up from the bed and leaving the room, making sure to close the door behind them. Jimin takes Taehyung into his arms again, laying them both down on the bed. Taehyung clings to the older, focusing in on his emotions more than anything. He doesn't want to feel what's going on in the living room because if it's bad, then it's all his fault. He hates that he's the reason that Seokjin's so upset, and just when he's about to dive down that path of distressing thoughts, Jimin begins to whispers things into his hair to distract him.

He doesn't even try to reach out and feel the other bonds. The problem is that he can always feel them, swirling around inside him because they're a part of him. He feels calmer now, thanks to Jimin, but the other side of his bonds with the hyungs still doesn't feel exactly pleasant. Usually, he's be identifying each emotion flowing through, but he doesn't want to do that yet. He just wants to stay in Jimin's secure embrace. "Tae," Jimin whispers, calling the younger out of his hiding place which is Jimin. Taehyung looks up from where his head was buried into the older's chest.

"Tae," Taehyung's head turns to see the hyungs back. He doesn't know how long it's been since they left, but it doesn't feel like long enough for everything to be okay. Seokjin crawls onto the bed and holds out his hand, a request for Taehyung to take it, so he does. He begins to tear up again. Seokjin feels guilty. Physical contact always makes the bonds easy to read. Taehyung moves out of Jimin's hold and into Seokjin's. "I'm sorry, Tae. I shouldn't have acted that way. Next time, wait on us to let people like my father into the apartment," The older's voice is soft, sad.

Taehyung nods. "I forgive you," Taehyung whispers, worried his voice won't even come out properly if he tries to actually speak before he goes back to hugging the older tight.

It's a few hours later when Taehyung and Jimin find out what's going on. "Hoseok-ah and I are going to get engaged in a week." Taehyung lets go of the breath he was holding. "And, I'm going to start working at MAMA under my father." Seokjin pauses, seemingly trying to gaze the two youngest's reactions. "I wish I could have finished school, but I need to be there. Now that everything's public about multiple matches, MAMA's finally able to do bigger studies, and It'd be good for me to be there to experience the opening of a new department in a sense." He continues, and Taehyung nods.

"Hyung, when are you going to start?" Jimin asks as he leans into Yoongi on the couch.

"After the engagement, so in about two weeks," Seokjin replies. The older lets the information settle in the air, giving everyone a second to process that this is actually happening, that things are about to change. Taehyung just hopes that it's for the better.

≋𝔸/ℕ≋

Sadly, that is the only chapter for this weekend! As I said, be expecting 1-3 chapters on weekend updates. It's gonna be slow until I'm back to my Sevenths writing goals (which is to give you guys a lot of content). Luckily, I do know where I"m going for the next few(?) chapters, so those should be easier to write. 

Also, I posted a long message on my message board which not all of you saw. So for those of you who didn't see it. I support BlackLivesMatter and not any of that AllLivesMater bs. Ah, and my favorite line: Educate yourself. Stop accepting just what everyone around you says, and look things up for yourself. Also, look at both sides of things. Look at what the right-based media is saying and what the left-based media is saying. If you limit yourself to one-side, you'll never see the full picture. And, yes, that also means that neither side on its own has the full picture. That's why you look at both. My name is AC, and thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

Stay safe, conscious, and healthy!

- AC