Clearing Things Up

Well, um, or plan in mind had a change of route. I really don't wanna explain this. It is just to crazy.

     "So—"

     "No." I say to him again. If we were not outside the police station, I would hurt him and be done with it all, but sadly we are.

     "What can I help you kids with?" says the police officer at the front desk.

     "Hi, my third cousin here was going to get married here and she's under aged. Her dad was going to sell her off to some twenty year old guy who was going to use her to come here easily. She was supposed to get married today but we kidnapped her. We planned to do this so she wouldn't have to. She doesn't have much of a choice here and her dad doesn't care. Can you help her?"

     "Yeah, just come around this way and take a seat."

     We did as we were told and then something happened. The guys and I ended up in handcuffs and Salma was taken away. We are screwed.

     "What did we do wrong?" We ask.

     "You three kidnapped a girl." I was kidnapped too!

     "Yeah, to save her from being sold off! She is not an item to be sold! She doesn't even want to get sold off for marrage and be used like a card to let people come here who won't do anything. Uncuff me! Uncuff us! We were saving a seventeen year old girl getting illegally married. Her own dad is selling her for money! Do you not have a heart? What is wrong with you!?! We were helping her! You here are putting us in jail for helping a girl out! You have no right to do that!" I yell.

     "And you, miss, have no right to stop her from getting married." What is the matter with you? Are you a dirty cop or some—

     "Are you a dirty cop?" Mr. McFlirty here took the words out of my mind.

     "No."

     "What she has said is all true. My dad is selling me to a man in his twenties, a man who is from an abusive family. He abuses his other wife and family. He is just using me to come here. My dad gets his money in return and my step mom gets gold. I don't want any of this. I'm only seventeen and I now have to drop out of school and I don't want to. Please help me. If I don't marry that man, they will hurt me. Please..." Salma pleaded with the officer to help her and protected her. She never wanted any of this and here she is telling a person, who won't care, all that and pouring her heart out.