We Have Reached Our Destination

The car comes to a slow stop. People move about the car and the driver get out. Two people open the doors for Salma and me to get out.

     "Hi again," said a very familiar voice. I look up at those nice eyes and hair and roll my eyes.

     "Hi. Again. What's going on here? What happened to the plan? Does my sister know this?" I question him.

     "Change of plans. He popped in. And no. Oh, and your outside of the police station. By the way, you look so cute in person!" He really wants me to wack him, doesn't he?

     "Would you quit flirting with me! I am not cute! Nor adorable! Tell me what happened to the plan and does everyone else know about this?" He looks down at the ground and sigh.

     "My brother here found out and wanted to join. I told him no because he liked to change things up and he told everyone but you and your sister. We sent some of the kids we had planned to go to the party and told them to tell you two but your sister was too busy and you were off in Teletubbie world. They sent me a pic of you while you were there. Back to the plan! Kay, my brother wanted in and he threatened to kidnap you if I didn't and yeah..." This is just odd.

     "Can I see your phone?" I take his phone from him and find my sister's phone number.

     "Hello?"

     "Hey, I'm fine. We both are. That dumb high school friend of yours keeps hitting on me and it is really weird. So, what happening?"

     "Well, the police are questioning everyone and they are looking for you two. I know what happened and so do they."

     "Oh we are at the police station. Well in the parking lot next to it." I'm seriously gonna beat this boy.

     "Oh him. Yeah, he—"

     "—is fangirling because I'm using his phone? He is, no joke. I know he likes me and it is just weird. I'm not even a freshman yet and he likes me. Ew..."

     "Well go on and tell them. Hurry."