~CHAPTER 18~

A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry for going MIA for 5 days- again-! Oh and btw, sorry for the short chapter. Like, the REALLY short chapter. I rewrote the entire chapter since I didn't want the reveal to happen accidentally as it did in the original story; I wanted it to be SPECIAL.

Plus, I need to get going RIGHT NOW.

Anyways, enjoy!

Marinette's POV
Adrien was about to go investigate, but I stopped him. "Wait, I'll go first! Please, I," I looked down shyly, "I don't want you to get hurt."

I saw him hesitate, but he must have seen the determination in my eyes because he smiled softly at me and whispered, "Stay safe."

No kidding, my heart stopped and I stood there blushing for a good 5 minutes before I snapped out of it and moved from my spot, going through the glass doors into the darkness.

Woah, that was dramatic.

I grabbed my phone and turned the flashlight on, trying to locate the cookie bowl. Once I did, I headed towards it, and my suspicions were confirmed. Tikki sat amidst several broken cookies, crumbs caking her mouth and chocolate smeared across her cheeks.

"Tikki!" I whisper-yelled, scooping her up in my hands. "What were you thinking?!"

She hung her head in shame. "Marinette, I'm so sorry! You, uh, kind of forgot the cookies you told me you had earlier, so I waited until I thought the coast was clear and flew to the kitchen. In the dark, I think I might have knocked over some things, but I found the cookies!" She grinned like a toddler, and it was kind of hard to stay mad at her. Also, I felt guilty for somehow forgetting the cookies.
"Aww, it's okay, Tikki. But now I have to come up with an excuse to Adrien." I frowned, my mind working overtime.

"You'll think of it Marinette. You always do." She nuzzled into my cheek, and I smiled.
I heard some faint squealing in the background, but I brushed it off. I put Tikki back in my pyjama pocket.

I started to make my way back to the balcony, but before I could I felt a presence behind me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up straight. I whipped around, to be met with a familiar face...

A/N: Woah, I updated! Oh yeah, sorry if you wanted the reveal to happen here like it originally did, but heh- I'm evil- I didn't want the reveal to happen this way.

BAIII

Word Count: 422 words.

-MythQueen123