37.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

November 25, 2017

Oh, Jackson. Do you know how much I love you?

It was close to twelve o'clock that Saturday afternoon when Daisy woke up. She couldn't believe how late she had slept in. Except when she rolled over to greet a grumpy face, it was empty. Daisy sat up and looked around the room. Jackson was nowhere in sight.

Thinking he had to be somewhere in the house, she gets up from the bed and walks down the stairs. It was eerily quiet beside a woman's soft humming coming from the living room.

Daisy peeked around the corner and saw Caroline sewing away on Devin's recliner. Seb was perched down by her feet, laying on scattered fabrics.

"Good afternoon, sleepy head" Caroline smiles. "Had a good sleep?"

"More than a good sleep," Daisy chuckles. "Where is everyone?"

"Jackson's friends left early this morning to go home. And the family went out fishing for tonight's dinner."

"You didn't go with them?"

"I didn't want to leave you here alone. And plus, Jackson said you wanted to cut your hair."

Daisy's eyes grew big. The thought of finally getting her haircut was the highlight to her day. It had been years since she stepped into a salon. Ever since she had short hair that was just above her shoulders three years ago, Daisy made it her mission to grow it out to the length she has it now. At the base of her butt.

"But before we get started, let's fill that stomach of yours. I made a homemade skillet," Caroline puts down her sewing needle and decorative fabric before getting up to her feet and taking Daisy into the kitchen. Daisy's stomach growls on cue.

Leaning her head back against the edge of the kitchen sink with Caroline's nimble fingers running through her hair under the luke warm water from the tap. Daisy had always loved having her head massaged it was almost orgasmic.

"Daisy?"

"Hmm," she hums.

"You've made my boys very happy."

Daisy smiles. "They've made me happy too."

"You know," she draws. "I'm not getting any younger and..."

"And?" Daisy had a feeling where this was going.

"I want some grand babies," Caroline's bottom lip pops out and Daisy couldn't help but let out a laugh. "Don't make fun. I'm being very serious."

Daisy places a hand on Caroline's arm. "I know," she genuinely smiles. "But Jackson and I...well, we, ummm...aren't there yet."

"Yet?" There was mischievousness in the young woman's face. "Are you two an item and you didn't bother to tell me?"

"No, we aren't an item. But I don't see why that can't change in the near by future."

Hope twinkled in Caroline's eyes as happy tears brimmed to the surface. That hope was enough to give that woman promise for all the bad days to come.

"Promise me that I will be the first person to know about you and Jackson uniting forces, okay? And not Isabel," a defiant soapy finger points out at Daisy. "Mama gets dibs on the gossip."

"I promise."

"Good," she firmly nods. "Now, how much am I cutting off?"

"Three inches should be a good start. And also, could we frame it around my face?"