29.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

November 13, 2017

Even though our bridge is burnt now, doesn't mean I won't ever wish you the best. I hope you know, I won't ever forget you. But I had to do this because you are no good for me. You hurt me in so many ways to the point I may never be able recognize you anymore. You've changed, and it's time to close that chapter. I hope you understand one day. Goodbye.

Waking up that Monday morning, Daisy couldn't stop thinking about what Jackson asked her. He wanted her to eat Thanksgiving dinner with his family. That was a boyfriend girlfriend kind of ask. Wasn't it? Or is she just over thinking it?

Even if she was, Daisy couldn't stop thinking about what that would entail. Does that require her to bring a dish? A gift? A sacrifice? She didn't know what this family does for tradition. It could be anything from a simple dinner, to a bonfire outside their house summoning the turkey gods.

I think way too much, Daisy thought as she could feel a headache coming on standing behind the counter at The Flower Shop while Ms. Philips casually flips through a flower catalog.

"We don't have these," Ms. Philips says, flipping the catalog over and showing Daisy two pages filled with succulents. Ms. Philips never thought of succulents as worthy enough to be in her store. Daisy loves succulents and jumped at the opportunity while she could to persuade the woman to invest. Like she had done with the chocolate covered strawberries.

"Succulents are a good investment," Daisy said. "It's the new craze lately. They're small and easy to maintain for our busy culture these days. I'm sure if we started selling them we could make good profit and get more people in here."

"You think?"

"I'm certain! I even own a couple myself."

Ms. Philips looked a little hesitant about the idea. "How about this, we start off with a hundred and see how quick they sell. If they don't sell within a week, we can stop right there. But if we do, and it's in demand, I'd say we'll double our earnings from this year to next year."

"I don't know Daisy, this seems like a risk."

"Have I ever steered you wrong?"

"No," she says. "It's just that, David always knew what was good for us. For this store."

"Ms. Philips," Daisy lays a hand on her shoulder. "I would never do something if I didn't think it wouldn't benefit us. Trust me on this, it will work."

"Okay, I guess. But if it doesn't work, we're dropping it."

"Yes ma'am."

For the remainder of that morning, Daisy and Ms. Phillips talked non stop about succulents and how they could even create their own terrariums and sell them too. Daisy went on and on, almost forgetting that she had to go meet with the group. 

She slides on her coat, and slings on her bag, and is out the door with the basket of flowers in no time. It was getting colder as the days rolled by, Daisy wasn't ready to start wearing pants just yet to work. She at least wanted to lose five pounds by the end of the week. Fingers crossed she meets her weekly goal.

Never has Daisy ever felt more committed to something in her life than to put herself on a strict exercise and food diet. Daisy wasn't huge, it was the fact she was headed to that path. That's what her doctor was trying to warn her about. He wasn't mad or disappointed like she thought he was. But he knows how busy young people's lives are that they forget to take care of themselves. He didn't mean any disrespect or tell her that she's fat when she's not, her doctor just wanted her to know that she could be headed down that path where her health could be on the line. He was trying to look out for her.