2:1

1 ʏᴇᴀʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ...

"Fuck!" Kelli groaned as he thrusted himself into Xoria.

"Daddy!" Xoria screamed as she gripped onto his bed sheets.

He gave her one last thrust before pulling out and releasing onto her back. Xoria breathed heavily as she laid there. Kelli went to get a rag to wipe it up. After wiping it off Kelli laid down before pulling Xoria into his arms.

"I have to go," Xoria said before pecking Kelli on the lips.

"What? Go where?" Kelli asked sitting up on his elbows as he watched her rummage for her clothes.

"Work," Xoria replied.

Ever since the death of her mom Xoria's been working multiple jobs to help out regardless of Xan telling her she doesn't have to.

Xan has now officially taken over the bills. Now that Diana is gone and Wade hasn't been able to snap back to reality yet so the responsibility lands on Xan.

Xoria pulled on her shirt before kissing Kelli.

"Love you, bye," she said before rushing out of his house.

Xan sat on the couch in Jah's house. Jah was a friend he had that was right around his age. Xan and Kelli have always been best friends but they chose two different paths. Kelli plays football, Xan plays with guns.

They accept each other none the less but, have also gained other friends that can truly relate to the things they do on a daily.

Xan sat as he counted the money while Jah went to go get drinks. Jah set down a wine cooler before sitting down next to Xan.

"You look stressed," Jah said before taking a sip.

"I'm countin'," Xan said not taking his eyes off of the money.

"What about when you not countin'?" Jah said.

Xan paid him no mind as he finished off the last bit of cash he needed to count.

"Fuck is you talkin' 'bout?" Xan asked.

"How's Xo?" Jah asked before Xan glared at him.

"She's fine," Xan replied before looking away.

"Mhm, ain't she though-"

"Jah, I'm bout to smack the shit outta you in a minute. Shut the fuck up," Xan snapped.

"I'm playin', chill... but nah for real she still wit' that football nigga?" Jah asked.

"Who? Kelli?" Xan asked.

"Yeah, him," Jah replied.

"Nigga you know his name so say that shit," Xan said.

"Well shit, is she still wit' Kelli?" Jah asked putting emphasis on Kelli's name.

"Yeah," Xan replied as he took out his bag of weed and cigars.

"Like wit' him, wit' him or like-"

"Yes nigga damn! She been wit' him, wit' him for a year!" Xan snapped.

"Damn nigga chill. I was just checkin'," Jah said before sitting back.

Jah watched Xan bundle a portion of the money before putting it in a zip lock.

"What's that for?" Jah asked.

"Savings," Xan replied before sorting the rest of the money.

"Savings for what? Since when you save?" Jah asked.

"I'm tryna get me and Xo our own place. We might as well since our pops don't do shit but lay around and stick needles up his arm. He can die in there by himself," Xan said.

"Y'all can move in wit' me," Jah suggested before Xan glared at him.

"So you can be sneakin' to touch up on my sister at night? Yeah no, you got me fucked up," Xan said.

"Nah, it ain't even like that-"

"I hear you," Xan said cutting him off.

"How you gon' get a place anyway? I needed to build my credit before I got this," Jah said.

"I was gonna look at my pops credit and see if it's worth shit. If that don't work I'll just save up until we turn eighteen. Then we'd probably be able to get a house on the hills or some shit," Xan went on as Jah looked at him.

"You got dreams man," Jah said.

"Everybody do. I just need to know that Xo will always be good. Once I know I've done everything I can to ensure that, I'm good," Xan said before lighting up the end of his blunt.

"See I'm tryna love her like that too but she trippin," Jah joked before Xan shook his head.

"Shut the fuck up," Xan said as he blew out the smoke.

Xoria got off of her shift before using her key to open the door to the house. She locked the door behind her before walking up the stairs to her bedroom. She kicked off her shoes before she headed to the bathroom.

She tried to open the door but it was locked. She banged on the door before her dad opened it.

"What girl?!" He exclaimed irritated by the banging.

"I need to take my shower," she said before noticing a syringe on the floor.

"Just use your mamas tub," he said before closing the door in her face.

It's been a year and everything that was once something Diana and Wade shared he addresses it now to be hers. He doesn't sleep in the room anymore because it's "her room", nor does he use that bathroom because it's "her bathroom". Instead he sleep on the couch or in his recliner.

Xoria hated to see her dad like that. She's always been very close with her family, especially her dad since she was a daddy's girl. Even though she could tell her mom anything, they got into arguments sometimes over Diana treating Xan like a favorite.

Xoria wanted to break down right then and there in front of the door but instead she walked into her parents bathroom. She started the shower before she stripped out of her clothes. Once the water was hot she got in.

As she washed and rinsed her body off she began to break down. She thought about everything she's endured and been through even since she was a little girl. It all began to weigh heavy on her but she had to be strong. She needed to be.