"I know you're a bit of a masochist and kinda into a bit of pain, but I don't think you should carry out your kinks with the entire school watching, yeah?"

Lucas rolled his eyes, "I'm not a masochist, alright? I know you're talking about that time when I got hard during our fight, I just like things a little rough, alright?"

"Sure, sure," I laughed.

"Well," he began, "We don't need to fight fight, I think it could be fun to fake it. Just, you know, mess around with each other."

I scoffed, "But why?"

"Their reactions are priceless, imagine everyone standing around you, shouting for a fight they don't even know is fake! They're all going to look like fools. Don't tell me you don't find that hilarious."

I gave him a look, thinking about his words. I mean it is kind of entertaining to see the shitty, selfish teenagers at this school humiliate themselves without even knowing. Ignorance is bliss.

"Come on, Kai!" The boy in front of me smiled and jumped up a bit.

Like acting cute will get him anything.

"I know you like the attention too."

I paused, his pouting was really cute. "Ugh. Okay, fine."

"Yeah?" He smiled so brightly, like I had just made his day."

"Yeah," I chuckled at his reaction.

"Why are you so excited about this though?" I asked carefully.

He gave me a pretty vague answer, but it was good enough.

"Hmm," He paused to think, his smile beginning to disappear, "Because I like it. Where else would I get anyone to pay attention to me."

Well, that sounded depressing. But it's not like I'm one to talk.

"How about after school? We can just do it here."

"Sounds like a date," Lucas winked at me, making his way towards the school as the bell rang.

I was frozen in place, little butterflies erupting in my stomach. What was this boy doing to me?

---

The bell rang, signaling that my time in prison for the day was up, or rather it time for me to head to the parking lot.

Once I grabbed my backpack and walked through the door I was met with Jack and Zay already waiting outside my class for me.

"So I heard you and Lucas are gonna fight," Zay said as we began walking through the corridor.

"How did you know about that?" I asked since I hadn't had a chance to tell my friends.

"Literally everyone is talking about it." Jack mentioned as he pulled out his phone showing me all the stories on Snapchat that had a picture of me and Lucas from this morning captioned, 'today after school @ the parking lot'.

"Looks like there's gonna be a big crowd this time," I responded after looking at the countless people that posted about it.

"Probably because you two were casually talking in the parking lot, a lot of people are curious about you two and what's going to happen," Zay chips in.

"Yeah, that would make sense. Especially since you guys have had a couple of non-hostile interactions in public now," Jack says, giving me a knowing look.

We made our way through the doors to the parking lot where I was met with an already large crowd of teenagers and a bored-looking Lucas who was leaned up against his car with his phone in hand.