Chapter 13

Food is the most important part of survival and Yang Yi didn't dare to be careless about it. He had arranged a lot of people for this.

However, the people he had arranged were mostly the elderly and disabled which relatively doesn't affect the rest of their works.

The weather is now getting warmer, the temperature would be higher than being close to the Black Forest and there's not as much rain as before.

The temperature difference between day and night is nearly 20 degrees and Yang Yi isn't sure whether the crops could survive.

Yang Yi first gave out rakes, hoes and other farm tools to share it with everyone. If they want to be efficient, they still have to rely on tools.

The rakes are completely curved plough. Now that their time is tight, there's no time to figure out how to make the shaft of the curved plough with wood. It would need a dry wood and they don't have it now.

They don't have much, but it's enough for their present situation.

"It's probably useful, you have to learn how to use these."

Yang Yi put his rake down and looked at the shallow ground where he made a crooked and twisted plow, and said with a little embarrassment.

Yang Yi's demonstration was a failure. As a person who never farms and only occasionally watch people how to farm on TV, this really made him embarrassed.

Fortunately, they had never seen such a novel thing and they only lamented that it's more useful than a hoe, and didn't think that Yang Yi did a terrible job.

"We have to dig deep first. If the weight of the rake isn't enough, let's have a child to step on it."

Jiao was very curious: "Why do you want to turn over the ground?"

According to her previous experience, she didn't know that there was such a process. It's important to see what the God's messenger would do.

"Turning the ground can make the soil soft, just like a child who's too young to eat hard things. We need to help him make it small and soft, so that it's convenient for the plants' absorption and growth. It can also dig out grass roots and soil pests. "

Yang Yi tried his best to explain in a language that everyone could understand. During this time, his oral language has improved a lot and everyone can guess his words.

After listening, everyone realized: "So this was the case."

"Turning the soil, fertilizing, sowing, weeding and watering are the most important parts of planting. If one step isn't done well, it will affect the growth and yield of the plant and it will even cause death.

The land here is very fertile and you can just turn the soil and sow the seeds. Yang Yi believes that as long as the plants can adapt, it will grow.

But if he wanted them to grow well, he still have to properly take good care of them and he couldn't slack off because of nature's advantages.

"It turned out that there's still much more to pay attention to."

"This is much easier than collecting from distant places."

"That's true and we can do all these things!"

A warrior with a broken leg said, "God's messenger, you can rest assured that we will do a good job!"