Chapter 9

Yang Yi used his water quality tester which he purchased from the game shop to detect the groundwater, and gladly it passed the drinking standards, there's no problem such as hard water or has heavy metals and suitable to drink for human body. It also has a weak natural alkaline content.

T/N: Hard water - water that has high mineral content

The water quality was okay, which made Yang Yi completely relieved, then he led a few people to their new residence again, getting ready to open up a place to prepare for their migration.

The grass were lush there and the best way to clear it quickly was to burned it.

The burned ashes can't only fertilize the land, but can also drive away or kill some poisonous snake, worms and ants, and lay a foundation for future farming and building houses.

However, the vegetation here was also too lush, so it's necessary to open up a fire-proof isolation zone, otherwise it will be very troublesome if it cause a fire.

Although they don't have that many people now, the land that Yang Yi wants to enclose was not small.

One of the two reasons was to prevent the beasts and poisonous snakes from hiding; the other was to prepare for the reclamation of the fields.

They're not in a hurry to finish it all in just one breath, it can be divided into several steps. First they will open up a place where they can temporarily live.

Each time they draw a small area, cut out from the isolation zone, and burn it piece by piece to avoid large areas that cannot be controlled.

Yang Yi took out the sickle head and let everyone make their own handles with hardwood the night before.

From time to time, everyone would be surprised that Yang Yi would always come up with something that was strange to them but they never asked about it, which made Yang Yi less alert.

Yang Yi also did not want to be too cautious, which will delayed their development.

It's all about starting again, not only against nature but also against time.

With the right tools, everyone was very fast. Soon, they isolated one area for burning and open another area to continue.

"God's Messenger, you drink water." Mao handed Yang Yi his water that had been boiled and cooled.

Originally, a little child like Mao would not be allowed here, but he insisted on following Yang Yi.

The roadway was not dangerous and Mao has enough physical strength, so Yang Yi just let him be.

Yang Yi is now very prestigious, so under such conditions, everyone was required to drink boiled water, although it's a bit troublesome for everyone, they still followed suit.

As soon as they arrived here, they used the aluminum buckets to fetch water from the well then boil it and then hang it in the well to cool it down for everyone to drink.

"Thank you." Yang Yi smiled and touched his hairy head.

Everyone else was working in full swing, the most idle was Yang Yi, even Mao would jump around to help.

Yang Yi didn't want to be special, but his physical strength and ability did not allow him.

Obviously he taught these people how to use a sickle and as a result, everyone cut better and faster than him.