Almost

Name; (L/n) (Y/n)

Age; Ten

Personality; Becoming depressed

Status; Chuunin

(Y/n) stared off into the distance, over the village, the gentle breeze swaying her (h/c) locks around her face. The sky was blue, the birds were chirping, it was a beautiful day.

On the surface.

It would've been a gorgeous day, but in truth, (Y/n) wasn't paying any attention to, and didn't care for any of that now. In fact, she may have felt better if all of the beautiful things in the world crawled away and died.

Tears streamed uncontrollably down her cheeks. She knew that Shisui would be here as soon as he heard. She wanted to see him, but she also didn't. Was he just going to leave her too, someday?

She knew her eyes were puffy, and she was sure her hands were trembling too. She hadn't slept, so her energy was low. She hadn't moved from that spot since she got there at two a.m.

What was the point? Minato and Kushina were dead. Shisui was officially all she had left. And she didn't want to lose him too. The life of a Shinobi is a dangerous, harsh, cruel life that she was beginning to feel had no meaning.

She was beginning to wonder, in fact...

Did death have a meaning?

Who would be waiting for her there, other than Kushina and Minato? 

Her sister, of course, but she barely remembered what she looked like. 

Did she have parents waiting for her?

Other siblings?

Other relatives?

She let a shaky breath, standing to her feet.

The cliff was so tall, she could see the entire village. She stepped closer to the edge, looking down with her eyes, but her head remained still as she pondered it. The various rocks on the way down that made up the faces of the past Hokages.

Her breathing had picked up, the idea tempting her dangerously close.

She knew that anyone that was to jump would likely be dead from the first ledge they hit, regardless of how many others they might hit as they fell.

Falling.

That sounded good.

Falling into darkness. Falling into the arms of her dead loved ones in another world. Falling away from the heartbreak that she felt at the moment. 

Falling.

"Don't you dare." Shisuis' voice sounded behind her, maybe ten feet, she guessed.

"Why not?" Her tone was flat, and Shisui flinched at the lack of emotion she was displaying.

"Because if you jump then you'll leave me feeling exactly how you feel right now."

"Join me." Her lips felt chapped, and her throat sore from the sobbing and crying she had already done.

Shisuis' eyes widened, "What!? No! (Y/n), we have a village to protect! You have to live and help me protect it! You know that's what they would wan-"

She spun on her heal, "How dare you talk about what they want and what they don't want! They left me, Shisui! They don't get a say!" The girl was in tears, and as she wiped them, moving too fast, she stumbled backward.

Shisuis' eyes, along with hers, widened in panic, and before she could fall completely, Shisui caught her wrist. Now, she was dangling off the edge of the Hokage monument, tears streaming down her face. "D-Don't l-et go..." She sounded so weak, her voice cracking.

"I would never." He, with all he had, pulled her back up, and her arms scraped the side of the cliff as he did, causing them to sting as it left red marks, but they were minor injuries, all things considered, and she felt somewhat numb to it at the moment anyway.

He pulled her into his arms where they sat on the ground, both trying to catch their breath from the intense moment just before. His chin rested atop her head as she cried against his chest.

"Never do that to me again, (Y/n). Never." His voice was stern, but it was soft at the same time, showing the leniency he had for the (h/c) girl.

Though even she knew he wasn't lenient enough to forgive her if she ever took that final leap. "I'm sorry..." She whispered, so softly that he barely heard her. 

He pulled her head away from him to look at her, "You can't leave me, okay?" Tears were brimming the corners of his eyes, and (Y/n)s' had already been spilled down her cheeks. All she could do to reply was squeeze her eyes shut and nod vigorously before hastily jumping back into his arms as she sobbed against him.

The events of the last twenty-four hours had left her feeling more broken then she'd ever been before.

She was thankful that Shisui was there for her.

But she knew this would take time.