Ramen Juice

Let's mix it up a little!

Name; Uzumaki Naruto

Age; Almost Nine

Personality; Bright and happy, and sassy.

Status;  New academy Student

Naruto's P.O.V.

I sat up in my sleeping bag, rubbing my eyes. Man, I hated mornings... but I remembered that we're going into town to get Ramen for lunch, and ran out of my tent. I still had to be careful because of my ankle, but there was no way I was going to let something like that get in my way!

(Y/n) and Shisui were standing outside of their tent, holding mugs. "What's that?" I asked, pulling on (Y/n)'s arm.

"Woah!" I almost saw what was inside the mug. "It's coffee, Naruto. I don't think that you need caffeine, so, I brought you something else..." She handed me a juice box.

"Juice!?"

"Read the label. It's not just juice, it's-"

"CHICKEN RAMEN FLAVORED JUICE!? THAT'S DISGUSTING!" I yelled, "I HAVE TO TRY IT!" I tried to get the straw to go in the little hole, but it kept bending, "Angh!! I can't open it!"

"Hand it to me..." Shisui said, holding his hand out. I gave it to him, and he handed me his drink. I looked in the mug, and it was so dark... maybe he put his heart and soul into it... heheheh.

I took a sip of the coffee, and immediately spit out on the ground, "Ew! How do you guys drink this stuff! It tastes like dirt! That's nasty!"

"You'll probably like it better when you're older." (Y/n)-sama took the mug, and Shisui gave me my weird juice.

I took a sip of it, "Gross... It actually tastes like Chicken Miso..."

"I thought Chicken Miso was your favorite?"

"I love Chicken Miso, but... it's not supposed to be juice... That's like beef-flavored whip cream... It's unnatural..."

She laughed, "Well, I guess you have a point..."

"Well, we should pack up and head out, don't you think?" Shisui asked (Y/n).

"Sounds-"

"YEAH! LET'S GO!!!" I rushed back to my tent to start tearing it down.

"Be careful with that tent, Naruto, if you rip it, and it rains, you're still sleeping in it."

"Eh! Shut up, Shit-show!" I shouted back.

After my tent was down, (Y/n) asked me to find some soap rags in her backpack so she and Shisui could wash dishes by the creek. They were already on their way there, so I dug through what I thought was (Y/n)'s backpack until I came across something...

'What!? No way!' I shoved it in my jacket pocket, before backing away from the bag and looking for the other one.

I brought the soap and rags to them, "What took you so long?" Shisui asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I, uh... I forgot what I was doing and got distracted..." I laughed nervously.

"Oh, sounds like you." He smiled in a mocking way.

"Grrr.... Shut up!" I walked back toward the camp.

Third Person P.O.V.

They were soon on their way again, and Shisui had no idea that something was missing from his backpack for the remainder of the day, which was spent walking until noon, where they stopped in a small town, called Shoyu, and stayed at Shio inn for the evening.

But that night, while (Y/n) was in the shower in their bathroom at the inn, Shisui looked through his backpack and found that he was missing that very same item that Naruto had stolen earlier... Except he had no idea that Naruto had taken it.

Shisui rummaged through the backpack twice, before dumping the contents out on the bed. 'Damnit! Don't tell me I forgot it... or lost it!'

He turned around as he heard stifled laughter in the bathroom doorway, "Did you lose something, Shisui...?"

"Uh, well, yeah, I lost my breath mints..." His face reddened slightly as he finally came back to reality fully, to see that (Y/n) was wearing only a towel, and her dripping hair framed her face.

"Your breath mints? You mean those ones?" She pointed toward the bedside table.

He picked them up, "Stunning, and you have a good eye. I'm very lucky... Why's the water still running?"

"Oh! I came for my razor, hahah!" She blushed, embarrassed that she had forgotten the reason that she came back out of the bathroom.

He couldn't help but watch as she walked across the room and back, but as soon as she was gone, he went right back to looking for his missing item, until he heard the water stop, and he quickly put everything back in the backpack.

She came out a few minutes after the water stopped, and sat down on the bed beside Shisui. "Why do you seem so down?"

"I'm not down. I'm just thinking." He smiled.

She was unconvinced, muttering sarcastically, "Right..."

"What? Really, I am! I was thinking about what a good mother you'll make one day."

She blushed, not expecting him to say something like that. "Y-You...?"

He just smiled, "I love you, (Y/n)."

Her heart fluttered, and her blush deepened, as a smile crossed her features, "I love you too, dummy..." She placed her forehead against his.

Until now, she honestly had no idea if Shisui wanted kids or not. It wasn't something they'd ever talked about before, and he was easily irritated by Naruto... But Naruto had a challenging personality...

And Shisui, until (Y/n) basically adopted Naruto as a little brother, didn't know if that was something she wanted, either, but he loved her, and he knew he wanted a family with her from the night he woke up in a hospital, knowing that if he hadn't lived, he wouldn't have had the option.

After seeing her interact with Naruto for a year, Shisui knew it was something she wanted. It was obvious. When she was around Naruto, everything she did was maternal.

She was patient, caring, stern when she needed to be, and acted accordingly in every situation. She didn't just act like a mother, though... she acted like a wife. Mature, loving, calm, and loyal. And he loved that. But he still wanted her to officially be his wife.

Shisui and (Y/n) laid back on the bed, with his arms wrapped around her, and her hands between them. Everything was calm as they looked into each other's eyes.

Until Shisui's mind slipped back to the item he lost.

'Damnit...' He thought, kissing her forehead. 'I really hope I find it...'

'This idiot's hiding something...' (Y/n) thought, smiling, 'I guess I'll let him think I'm oblivious... for now.'