- • THIRTY TWO • -

"Good morning, baby girl." Rafe muttered, wrapping his arms around me, moving day was here, we had stayed in Rose's house for a while, about three weeks ago she gave us the offer, and things have just been flying by, John B was surprisingly excited, as well as JJ who was becoming an honorary house member, already living with us ninety percent of the time. "Good morning, love." I whispered, nuzzling my nose against his bare chest. I ghosted my lips over his collar bone, lightly kissing up his neck, eventually getting to his lips. "I'm so happy baby." I mumbled, squealing in excitement when he rolled over to hover above me. "Guess what?" He muttered, pecking me once again, "what?" I smiled, playing with his freshly trimmed hair, "I'm getting Sarah to keep John B here tonight, so we get the new place all to ourselves." He sighed while placing kisses up and down my shoulders and neck, I grinned up at him, grabbing his face, halting his movements. "I love you, you're amazing." I pulled him down, kissing him deeply, "let's do this." I sighed, pecking him a couple more times, "I'm so excited!" I muttered once more before climbing out from under him, teasing him as I walked away in his shirt, barely lifting it up. "Not nice, baby." He called as I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. "Oh, I'm sorry." I stuck my head around the corner, "how bad was I?" I asked, winking, his jaw practically dropped to the floor. "You're asking for it, Lizzie." He mumbled, changing his clothes, "and I'm gonna get it, in our new house!" I giggled, emerging with fresh teeth, winking at him once more. "I don't know where this feistiness has come from, but I'm definitely not complaining." Rafe sighed, slipping his basket ball shorts on, going for a simple tank top with it, knowing we would still get all hot and sweaty moving this stuff in, we had gone shopping to replace the stuff we lost in the fire, thank you home insurance.

It was September 3rd, I don't think I'd ever forget this day, I was the happiest I had been in months.

***

"Oh god." I sighed, peeling my sweaty tank top off, not caring as it fell the floor, "why is it so hot outside?" I whined, Rafe fell beside me on the half made bed, his shirt missing as well, "why is it so hot in here?" He smirked, I lightly slapped his sticky chest. "We're disgustingly sweaty." I mumbled, my legs burning from going up and down the stairs with boxes all day. "Shower?" He offered, I rolled my eyes, but we were alone, for the only night for who knows how long, so I agreed, letting him have his fun.

I ran the comb through my hair as Rafe walked out, towel low on his hips, we had put away most of our clothes, so he grabbed us both some lounge clothes, coming back into the bathroom with me after he changed. "I love you." He mumbled, sitting on the counter as I rubbed the moisturizer onto my face. "I love you." I smiled, confused as to why he was being so loving, not that I was complaining. "Come here." He sounded nervous, I raised my eyebrows, rubbing the remaining cream into my hand as I approached him, stepping between his legs, he cupped my face, "where do you think we'll be in a year from now?" He asked, I let out a childlike giggle. "You got so serious, it scared me." I told him when he frowned at me, "let's see, in a year, I want to be in this house, with you, preferably being the one sitting on the counter." I teased lightly, he quickly jumped down, hoisting me up onto the counter, "go on." He pushed, his hands tracing shapes into my bare thighs. "I want to be happy, with you, hopefully we'd get more time without our siblings." I wrapped my arms around his neck, I saw some concern floating in his eyes, "what's wrong, love?" I muttered, toying with the hair on the back of his head. "Can I tell you where I see us in a year?" He asked, I tilted my head, "of course." I assured him, his hands moved up to my waist, holding me snuggly. "I want us to be here like this, happy and in love, but there's just one thing missing." He kissed me, deeply, catching me off guard but I didn't mind, "wait here!" He rushed off, I was left breathless from the kiss we just shared, I heard him rummaging around, a small victory sound coming from him, his footsteps rushing towards me again. "Okay, there's just one thing missing, and I really hope you like it, and-" "Rafe, honey, spit it out." I think I knew where he was going but he was stumbling over his words, he nodded, his hand popping up, a small simple diamond ring between his fingers. "Marry me?" He practically whispered, nearly dropping the ring when I pulled him in quickly, "yes, yes, of course." The words came out of me like it was a reflex, and I was ecstatic about it. "Is this why you got the house all to ourselves?" I asked, watching as he slid the ring on, a perfect fit. I admired it, so simple but yet it felt perfect, it felt like me. "Yeah." He smiled, staring at the ring on my finger, "oh my god, I can't believe it. I love you." I rushed all my words together, pecking him over and over, he was laughing at my antics. "I love you." He responded, sliding me towards him on the counter, "dinner?" He mumbled, surprised when I attached my lips to his neck. "Celebration first?" He didn't hesitate to agree, not surprising.