T H I R T E E N

<I want you. You want her. She wants him. He wants me. . .>

|13|

"HELLO, MY name is Jayden Ross. I'm 17 just like you all and. . ." That was the only thing I got as he spoke because I was too mesmerized staring at him to hear the rest.

His demeanor screamed nerd.

Standing tall, his hands encircled the back strap that hung on his shoulder. Atop his head, were tofee brown curly strands bursting of lustre thanks to the fluorescent tube on the ceiling.

He had the type of face and body that stopped you in your tracks; lithe body with skin shining like bronze, strong and defined face seemingly molded from granite, full lips that bloomed of rose and a nose that pointed upwards. All these were framed by thick dark eyebrows.

I looked down, noting what he wore. His plain jean trouser, turtleneck and black loafers didn't remove any bit of beauty from him. They rather enhanced his nerdy style of dressing.

The only thing lessening his gorgeous appeal was the thick frame glasses he wore. That was a piece of steak amongst platters of pastries because I really wanted to know the color of his eyes.

Ached even.

Pfffff. Another hot breeze was targeted my way again. This time around, in my delicate ears. A tiny frown etched itself on my face as I whirled to glare at whoever had interrupted my observing session of the hot new guy.

Kian. He had a guilty expression on his face which confirmed my suspicions. I stopped myself from face palming. So it was him who had made me shiver earlier, and by the way, what was up with him blowing air on my body?

"Why did you do that?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. At first to my dismay, I wondered if he had noticed me slavering at the new boy.

"You looked so lost in thoughts and what better way to get you back than that?" he said, lips drawn back in a smile. Thank goodness, he didn't know I had been almost drooling at someone new.

His statement reminded me about what I had been thinking before now. I hung my face down, mortification drifting through me, as I recalled yesterday's embarrassing activities.

"Hey, don't you dare think about what happened again. That was yesterday, this is today and running your mind through it all over again will give you nothing but an ache in your pretty head." He tapped his temple and made his facial features contort into a funny face. He looked so hilarious, with the way his eyes popped out and all.

Kian, the "Golden Boy" was behaving strangely these few days he said he had changed. Maybe that's what change does to a person. It makes you do things you don't usually see yourself doing.

I put my hands to my mouth, trying to muffle the turmoil of mirth threatening to spill out of me. I managed to mutter out, my fingers still sticking to my lips, "Oh my God Kian! Stop it!"

"You say what? I ain't hearing you clearly." He cupped a hand to his right ear, that funny face of his still intact. This added gesture finally brought out the laughter welling inside.

You see girls are meant to have dainty tinkling laughter that sounds like music to the ears but not mine. Mine had the sound or noise, since it was unpleasant, of a vulture cackling at its new found corpse. And that was why I had been preventing myself from bursting out.