B O N U S C H A P T E R

<True love stories never have endings>

|Jayden|

EVER FALLEN in love with someone because of their laughter?

Okay, that's making it seem overboard, falling in love. How about, ever been attracted to a person because of their laughter?

I had just finished introducing myself to the class and as I stood to let Mr. Bentley talk, I wished that Mom wasn't so adamant about me changing schools all the time. Man, it was extremely monotonous and stressful as fuck. I mean, registering for lessons, getting used to the school's pattern and activities all over again. Man, that sucked. Big time. But Mom usually got transferred so we all had no choice---there was never one in the first place--- but to pack up and follow her too.

I tightened my fingers, curving them on my bag straps, and fixed my eyes on the top of my new classmates' heads. I was reluctant to see or maintain eye contact with anyone so I remained reserved although deep down, I wondered whether I would make any real friends here. Not that I ever had one. The girls who'd offered me their numbers in my last school didn't count.

Suddenly, a laugh that sounded like the cackling of vultures mingling with that of a braying donkey filtered through the air and I slid my eyes to the person who'd laughed so horribly.

It was a girl. A few shades darker than me, she arched her throat gracefully, pearls of mirth welling out of her, the rays of the sun projecting a bright halo onto her exquisite features. It wasn't the fact that she was so fucking gorgeous that had drawn me to her. That was a bonus though. Rather, it was the fact that she laughed loudly, her rounded shoulders aquiver in glee, carefree and not at all concerned at how terrible her laugh sounded.

I stared and stared, regarding her, from the top of her curly hair, to the cute sandals enclosing her feet. She sat, a seat after the open window, her stance becoming rigid and uncomfortable; she'd realized that everywhere was quiet, with everyone observing her and for a moment her widened eyes met mine then turned away.

That was when I fell in love.

Sorry, I meant, that was when I became wholly attracted to Olayinka.

Fuck it. I stick with the first.

That was when I fell in love.

***

Not many people knew the real me. To the outside world, I was this shy, nerdy, perhaps cute boy but inside, I was raving mad, with a dry sense of humor and only showed my wild side to those I cared about. People such as my family and Olayinka.

Olayinka and I clicked together, not in the romantic way even if I wished it was. She was a brave girl, shrouding the fire burning within her behind a timid facade. And in a way, I vowed to coax out that fire, to always be there for her. No matter what. Seeing her happy made me glad and I did all I could to put a smile on her beautiful face.

I was aware that Olayinka wasn't attracted to me. Yes, she liked me. But only as a good friend. She had zero inkling that I had feelings for her. How could she? Her eyes were fixated on Kian and there wasn't any room for me.

Or so I thought, until that day she'd wanted to kiss me.

She'd been about to trip but I'd broken her fall and right now with all these sensations pooling in the pit of my stomach, I wished that I hadn't done that.

Olayinka laid above me, our bodies flushed together and a raging fire burning my whole being. My heart throbbed furiously in sync with hers and I stroked my fingers against the warmth of her bare skin, reveling in the feel of her. Every inch of her was gorgeous.

Depraved thoughts ran rampant in my mind and I ached to do things with her. Sinful things that started with a k and ended with an s.

I desired her so bad that I found myself sniffing at the nape of her neck, inhaling the musky jasmine emanating from her freshly washed pores. She smelled divine.

Our eyes met. Hers were mesmerizing, honey meshed with tawny gold and a fringe of long dark eyelashes fanning her blushing cheeks. They glimmered, a sparkle of light shining in them and highlighting the intelligence within. Fuck me, but her eyes were so darn beautiful.

She dipped her head and just when she was about to kiss me, she sneezed.

Fuck.

***

Olayinka was the first girl to kiss me.

Of course, I've been kissed before, but that was because I initiated the kissing. Not the other way round.

It came as a surprise, the kiss. She'd been so hung up on Kian, telling me details of how their date went and everything girls liked to gush about. And I'd been the third wheel, there to listen to it all. Pretending I was fine and dandy. I wasn't.

It hurt.

Especially when Kian had been dared to kiss her. Every atom of my body had rebelled, jealousy and misery digging a bitter hole in my aching heart. Olayinka was never going to see me as a potential lover or something close to that.

So it was a big shock when she kissed me. Dazed, I froze until my brain wrapped itself around the idea that the girl I more than liked was biting my lower lip softly, her hands interlocked in my hair, zings of pleasure scoring down my body. I began kissing her back. Deeper. Passionately. Hungrily.

Clutching her sides, I rested the tips of my fingers tightly on her waist, lost in the intense and pleasant sensation enveloping me. She tasted of honey and sunshine blended together with dark velvet chocolate. Sweet. Rich. Bursting of my favorite flavor.

Olayinka was the last girl to kiss me.

A/N: I just wanted y'all to have a glimpse in Jayden's head :-))

Nita❤