E P I L O G U E

<Nobody is perfect. I am nobody>

|epilogue|

"GOSH WHY is Nigeria this hot?!" Olayinka complained to the boy sitting down on the mat next to her.

The boy grunted in reply as he gradually plucked the strings on his guitar. He started playing a melodious tune, eyes closed and lost in his own world.

Home alone, they were outside on the tiled veranda. A flourishing garden blooming of beautiful and vibrant flowers adorned their frontal view and Olayinka would have admired them if not for the stifling heat sticking to her body.

She removed her black shirt, using it as a temporary hand fan, now clad in nothing but a tank top and jean bumshorts. After a while, her poor fingers were exhausted so she let her drenched shirt slip between them.

Resting her back against the wall, Olayinka closed her eyes too and breathed in deeply, enjoying the cool palisade behind her and the soothing thrum of the guitar washing over her.

Nigeria was amazing, she thought. It was a country of diverse and beautiful culture, appetizing food and amazing people. The only disadvantage was the lack of electricity and the blazing sun that was likely to roast someone to death.

She had made the abrupt decision to spend her summer in Nigeria. Her mother, ecstatic, was more than glad to see her daughter interested in traveling to her homeland so she'd immediately arranged for a flight to Lekki, Lagos.

Her mom's relatives were very cordial and welcoming, everyone exclaiming at how beautiful and oyinbo she'd become. She'd even met her grandparents who hadn't been in contact with her mom for years. The reunion had ended in a bout of joyful tears.

She sighed as a bead of sweat rolled down her forehead. Kai! If only there was a swimming pool around.

The music stopped and she heard a shocked gasp. Her eyes flew open. Jayden.

The guitar was abandoned on the floor now and he was unashamedly impaling a piercing and fierce look at her cleavage.

She glanced down. The sweat had soaked her tank top thoroughly, making the material see through. A blush coated her cheeks, turning her face fiery hot.

Mortification flooded through her. Despite the numerous times they'd kissed, he'd never seen her nude or in a state close to that.

The atmosphere became charged with ferocious electricity. His stare did strange things to her stomach, fluttering butterflies invading the pit of her belly.

He was so close. So close that if he moved an inch, his lips would press against hers.

But the only move he made was to remove his shirt, handing it over to her. "Here."

She gripped it with trembling hands and mumbled, "Thank you."

Then she wore it, his patchouli scent surrounding her in a pleasing aura and she almost sighed out of the sheer bliss of his cologne.

Now he had nothing on except his shorts and she had to prevent her eyes from trailing down his magnificent body. It was quite a struggle between eyes and mind and in the end, her eyes won the battle.

Without the shirt covering the tattoo on his forearm and tiny droplets of sweats shimmering on his lithe body, he appeared more gorgeous than ever and she ached to trace her fingers down his pecs and into his. . .

Suddenly he stood, halting her wayward thoughts, a strong hand raking through that wavy hair of his and held out his hand. "Let's go swing in the hammock."

She gazed into his glittering eyes, placing her soft palms in his and he gently dragged her up.

They made their way through the sweet smelling and colourful flowers to the white hammock situated between two big trees.

She crawled in first and he followed. They cuddled, their warm bodies flush against each other. The shade casted by the trees eased the sweltering heat and sometimes a slight breeze blew, evaporating the perspiration until a fine sheen of moisture lay on their burning flesh.

Jayden cradled Olayinka's cheek against his heart. He massaged her scalp in an affectionate manner and a moan escaped those sexy lips that he needed to feel.

She was nestled against him, her alluring and soft curves on his own hard body. The persistent craving to kiss her built up in him but he refused to pay heed to the mounting desire. Yet.

"How do you see Nigeria?" she asked with that silky voice of hers that never failed to fasten his heartbeat. She was stroking his hair, her fingers interfixed into the curly strands and working her magic. He bit back a groan of need.

"It's beautiful and wild. Just like you." He adjusted their position so that he was above and her below.

She giggled, the mirth welling out of her, an enchanting tinkle of bells. Just like that first day he'd seen her in class. An exotic black girl with skin popping of melanin, the sunlight projecting a halo around her exquisite features and her throat arching gracefully as she chuckled. It was in that moment that he'd fallen in love.

Her arms were wrapped around his neck, her eyes glinting with a tender emotion.

"I love you."

His eyes widened. This was the first time in their relationship that she was uttering those words. He wanted to shout, exclaim the good news to the world but he didn't. Instead he smiled, his chest tightening with passion.

Then just as she was about to press her lips to his, to show him just how much she loved him, someone coughed.

"I'm seeing you people oh!" Her mom's voice reached them. Kai!

THE END

A/N: This is it!!!!!!! I am officially done with this book. Oh my God! It's overrrr! I'm already missing them *bawls*

Anyways get ready for another book of mine. I'll be uploading a full chapter of acknowledgement and gratitude to all my readers out there and those who have really helped out. I'll also post random things I encountered while writing this book.

See ya in the next post loves!

Nita❤❤❤