Chapter 32

*Brandon’s POV*

Jason and I sat and listened to everything. We heard Jack burst through a door and heard, “Not so fast Jack!” I was a little surprised to hear that Jack knows who Zoey is. I’m not sure who she is or who Sam is either…other than that he is Peter’s brother. “You sound surprised Jack. Did you honestly think I would let it go? What you and that daft bitch did?!? You killed my love, my soul mate. You and Charlotte both! You are going to pay for what you have done to me and my family!!”

I am getting worried that things are not going to go as planned. I know he said it would, but I am starting to have doubts. “Remember mum. Remember our plan…your plan.” That’s Peter’s voice. “Tie him to the chair.” We could hear them moving around. The sound of the chair and him grunting when they forced him to sit down. “Are you alright?” That’s it. That’s the signal that Jason needs to go in and take over.

“Are you?” AH! It’s Jaedyn’s voice. I’m so glad that she’s alright. I was really worried. Jason has already headed for the fence and jumped it. “Be careful Jason.” I could hear him breathing as he ran. I heard laughing as Jason ran. “You won’t be for long.” I don’t like the sound of that. “Jason, hurry.” He grunted. “I am!” I wait in anticipation. I have no idea what’s going to happen to Jaedyn or Jack. I am REALLY hoping that nothing bad will happen. “Dear, I just want to say that I am going to enjoy this very much…so much, that I’m going to make you watch.”

I really don’t like the sound of that. A minute or two goes by when I hear Jack. It sounds like he’s in a lot of pain, but he’s keeping it in. Then, out of nowhere he starts screaming. I can’t….I can’t listen to him being tortured. It’s too painful. “Stop it!! Stop hurting my dad! Please!” Oh Jaedyn. I wish I was in there now. “Jason, please hurry.” I could hear Zoey laugh. “No!” She continues torturing him again.

Finally, after some time she finally stops. I could hear Jack gasping for air, Jaedyn sobbing, and Jason breathing heavy from running. “Hmm. Sam, could you get mum a drink of water, please?” I wait and listen for my signal in case Jason gets caught. “Thank you dear.” This is awful. I don’t know how much longer I can wait. Freaking hell! I’m not waiting any longer. I run and jump the fence and start heading towards the building where Jaedyn and Jack are being held.

*Jaedyn’s POV*

“Jack? Jack, are you alright? Please say something?” He moves his head slightly. “Don’t worry about me kiddo.” Just as I was about to say something again, Jason bursts through the door. He shoots at Zoey and misses and I see her running off. Peter runs over to Jason and they start fighting and Jason is able to knock Peter out. Sam punches Jason and they start fighting.

I look over at Jack. “You sneaky man.” He smiles at me. I struggle with the rope that’s around my wrists and manage to get it a little loose when Jack gets up and helps me. “What? How?” He chuckles. Just as he is working on getting the rest of the rope untied, we both hear a clicking sound. Jack stops and we both look over to see Zoey pointing a gun at Jack. Jack stands up and moves a little bit away from me.

Zoey has a crazed look in her eyes. Neither her nor Jack move. They’re just standing there, staring at each other. Just as she was about to say something, the door bursts open. It’s Brandon. “Bubba!” He looks over at me and smiles. He takes one step towards us and we all hear a gun shot. There’s a loud ringing sound. My ears hurt from how loud it was. It also doesn’t help that we’re in a metal building either.

After Zoey shot Jack, she turns to Brandon and points the gun at him, but before she can shoot him, Jack gets up and shoots her. She turns around and has a shocked look on her face. She shoots Jack in the head and then she falls down to the ground. When Jack shot Zoey, Sam and Jason stopped fighting. Before anyone made any moves, he grabs a gun and shoots himself. Brandon rushes to me and unties me.

I get to Jack. My eyes are burning even more now than before. Jason goes over to Zoey and checks her pulse. “She’s definitely dead.” Brandon and I both give him a ‘look’. I look back at Jack. I refuse to let go of him. I start rocking back and forth, waiting. After a few minutes, Brandon tries to get me to let go of Jack. Just as I am about to let go, Jack wakes up, gasping.

“Dad! I’m here. It’s okay…You’re okay.” Jack looks up at me and smiles. “You look so much like you mum…So beautiful.” I chuckle. “I’m glad you’re okay dad.” He smiles at me. “You keep calling me dad.” I stop smiling. “Do you want me to not call you Dad?” He shakes his head. “I love it when you call me Dad. Please, don’t stop.” We smile at each other. “Okay.” Jack gets up and I hug him.

I look over at Brandon and Jason and they are in shock. “Uh, what should we do about them?” Jack looks and chuckles. “Well, I must say that you handled it better than I thought. For them, we’ll just have to let it sink in.” I laugh. “Can we go now?” Jack nods. “Yes, lets.” I grab ahold of Brandon’s arm while holding onto Jack’s arm. “Come on bubba. Let’s go.” He nods and we all leave. Before we get to the door, Jason stops. “Where’s Peter?” We all look around. Looks like he snuck off. “Don’t worry about him. I don’t think he’ll be bothering us anytime.” We all nod and head out and head back to Jack’s hideout.

*Cailey’s POV*

Max and I are still watching t.v. when Jason walks in. Oh how I am so glad to see him. Just then, Brandon, Jack, and Jaedyn walk in. I squeal and Max comes running over. He can move pretty fast for an old man. Jaedyn and Max hug. “I’m so glad you’re safe.” Max looks over at Jack and smiles. Jack smiles back and nods. Jaedyn walks over to me and hugs me. “Thank you.” I smile and begin to cry. “I’ve missed you.” Jaedyn pulls back and smiles at me. “I’ve missed you too.”

We sit down, drink tea and we get to know each other. I’ve learned more about Max and Jack. I’m sure Jaedyn has been enjoying herself…getting to know her dad. After spending three days, we all decide we need to get back home. I’m sure Jaedyn’s parents are really worried about her and Brandon. We’ve all also have decided not to mention the whole kidnapping thing to anyone. It’s our little secret. Before we leave, Jaedyn exchanges numbers with Max and Jack. “Don’t be a stranger, dad.” He smiles at her. “I won’t.” We all say our goodbyes and head home.