Chapter 29

*Jack’s POV*

We get back to my hideout. Cailey looks around. “You actually live here?” I chuckle. “It looks better on the inside.” Her expression makes me want to laugh, but I hold back my laugh. When we get inside, I see Max up and pacing back and forth. ”Max! You need to sit and rest.” Max shakes his head. He has a worried expression on his face. “Jack, I can’t do that.” I sigh. Why not?

I walk over to Max to see what’s going on. “Max. These are friends and brother to Jaedyn.” Max looks at Cailey, Jason, and Brandon. He looks a little calmer than when we walked in. Cailey walks over to Max and holds out her hand. “I’m Cailey. My mum is Destiny.” Max smiles at her. “I remember her. I remember Amber too. They were good friends to Charlie.” Cailey nods and Max shakes her hand.

 Cailey turns and waves at the other two. “Max. This is Jason and his mum is Amber. And this here is Brandon. He’s Jaedyn’s older brother.” Max shakes their hands. He gives each of them a hug. I’m glad she has friends and family in her life that she can trust. Cailey smiles at Max. She looks a little sad even though she is smiling. She could be sad that her friend is missing.

“Max, I really need you to sit and relax. I will find Jaedyn.” Max nods. “Okay.” Max just stands there. After a few minutes, I finally coax him towards the couch and he sits down. “Cailey, I need you to stay here and keep an eye on him.” Cailey scoffs. “Please?” She nods and sits down next to Max. “Brandon and Jason, you guys are coming with me. I’m going to need your help.” Brandon and Jason nod. “We’ll help in any way we can.” Brandon nods again. “What do you need us to do?”

“I slipped a GPS tracker into her pocket, If I activate the GPS, we’ll be able to find her and rescue her.” Everyone nods. “Sounds good.” I walk away from the group and grab the things that I need along with two guns…just in case. I chuckle to myself. Thinking about the doctor. He would be surprised to find out that I have a daughter. I wonder what he would say. I shake my head and grab a few more things and head back to the group. “Let’s go.” I check on Max on more time before heading out of the door. “Be sure to take good care of him.” Cailey nods. “I will.”

*Brandon’s POV*

Jack walks outside. Jason and I follow him outside and once we are outside, Jack stops. “Is there something the matter?” Jack turns to me. “Only use this if you absolutely have to.” Jack holds out a gun. “I’ve never used one.” Jack nods. He holds up the gun. “This is the safety, click it like this to turn it off, this is the trigger. Just point and shoot.” I nod again and take the gun from him.

Jack turns to Jason and tells him the same thing. Jason takes the gun and looks at me nervously. He’s not too thrilled about it either. “We’re going to take two separate vehicles to track her.” Jack walks over to his car. “Jason, take your car and follow me. Brandon, you’re with me.” We nod and Jason gets in his car and I get into Jack’s car.

*Jaedyn’s POV*

“He is right. You and your family are crazy and daft.” Zoey stops in from of me. She has a very angry expression on her face. She slaps me suddenly. “How dare you?!?” Peter rushes over and grabs her arm before she could hit me again. “Mum. We need her conscious.” Zoey nods and walks away. I can’t believe that I fell for someone else’s lies and deception. I really do need to pick and choose my friends more carefully.

I look around and determine the best escape route, but I realize that I don’t know where I am. I could be in the middle of nowhere or even on a ship. It wouldn’t do me much good if I escape and don’t get very far. Zoey stands in front of me again. I look up at her. She has an evil smile dancing across her face.

“We’re using you as bait. When Jack and your two friends get here, we’re going to kill them. Then, we’re going to go back to London and kill your family. Once you’ve seen everyone you love die, then I’ll be gracious and kill you too.” She laughs the most evil laugh I have ever heard in my entire life. Even the most evil supervillain on a movie or show could sound this evil.

*Cailey’s POV*

As I am sitting here with Max. I have come to find out that Max is Charlie’s grandfather, which makes him Jaedyn’s great-grandfather. I don’t mean to sound rude, but I am surprised he’s still alive. He stands up and starts pacing. “Max, you should sit down. Being stressed out isn’t good for your health. We need you alive so you can see Jaedyn again when the guys bring her back.” He nods and sits back down. “I’m just really worried about her.” I put my hand on his. “I am too, but all we can do it wait. I have faith that Jack, Brandon, and Jason will save her and bring her back to us safely.”

He smiles at me. “You remind me of your mum. She was a very good friend of Charlie.” I smile back at him. “I know. Mum tells me the stories all of the time.” We smile at each other. “Do you want to watch t.v.?” I nod. Max grabs the remote and turns the t.v. on.