Chapter 30

*Jack’s POV*

As I am driving, I keep checking the GPS to make sure it’s still working. I begin tapping my fingers on the steering wheel. Brandon chuckles. “What?” He shakes his head. “Jaedyn does that too.” It hit me after a few minutes what he was talking about. We both tap out fingers on things when we get nervous or bored. I chuckle thinking about it. She may have more of me that I thought.

“How much further do we have?” I look at the GPS again. “Not that much. We have to be careful though. Where we’re going, there are a group of abandoned buildings and I don’t know if there will be ‘look-outs’ there or not.” Brandon nods. “Well, if you don’t have a plan, I’m sure Jason does. He’s always been good at planning things.” I nod. “Good. We’re going to need a good plan.”

About twenty minutes later, we pull up to a gate. “This is it.” Brandon nods. “Do you have a plan?” I chuckle. “Yes, but it’s not a very good one.” I look over at Brandon and he looks worried. “Don’t worry. We’re going to save her.” He gives me a half smile. Instead of parking right in front of the gate, I go to the left and park by a group of trees. We should be able to hide the cars here and still be able to keep an eye out.

Jason parks next to us and we get out. “Okay. So here is my plan. I want the two of you to stay here. I’m going to go in and get Jaedyn. If I’m not out in twenty minutes, then I want you Jason to come in first. Brandon, if it comes to Jason going in, wait ten minutes and if none of us come out, then you are the rescuer. Here, put these in your ears.” I hand Jason and Brandon an earpiece. “We can communicate using these, that way, you know where you’re going and how many people there are.”

They both nod. “Alright. I’m going.” Brandon grabs my arm before I get a chance to get too far. “Please be careful. I know I don’t know you, but you are my sister’s family too.” I smile and nod. “I will.” He lets go of my arm and I walk towards the fence and climb up and over. I run towards the first building and sneak in. Nothing. It’s completely empty. “First building is empty. I’m heading for the next one.”

“Alright, be careful Jack.” I could hear worry and concern in Brandon’s voice. “Yeah.” I quickly and quietly move around and exit the building and head to the next closest building. I enter and quickly duck down behind some boxes. “We need to hurry. She’s not going to be happy that we’re late.” I heard someone say. “Yeah. Mistress doesn’t like for anyone to be late…especially with these.” I peek over one of the boxes and see two men walking right by me. I didn’t see what they had, but it can’t be good.

I follow them quietly. When we get outside, I see that they are carrying two medium sized boxes. I wonder what’s in the boxes. I get inside the building and follow the two men. They walk through double doors and close them. “Jason, Brandon, I think I found Jaedyn.” I could hear both men let out a slight sigh of relief. “Do you need me to come in?” As I scope out my surroundings, I think of a plan. “Jack?”

“Huh? Sorry. No, not yet. I want to be sure this is the right place. I’ll let you know if I need you.” I could hear someone scoff. I move around to see if there is another way in, but I don’t see one. I move back to the spot I was in and wait. Maybe someone will come out. There are three more buildings to check out if this one isn’t the right one. I don’t have much time. I need to get to Jaedyn and get her out as quickly as possible. I may not have known her long, but she is my daughter…a splitting image of her mum.

*Jaedyn’s POV*

“You said you’re using me as bait. How is that going to work if they don’t know where I am? Did you send them a message or something?” They all laugh. Not sure why that’s funny. “We know Jack put a tracker on you. He’s probably already here looking for you.” What? When did he do that and how do they know that?

“Dear, don’t look so confused.” Sam walks up to me and squats down. “When we picked you up, we checked all of your pockets and found the device. We decided it would be best to leave it so Jack would come looking for you and make it easier for us to kill him.” I scoff. “What? Don’t think we can kill you daddy?” I smirked. Zoey walks over to me and slaps me. “Don’t you dare! I will kill him and there is nothing you can do.

Zoey continues to stand in front of me and stare at me when two men walk in. “Here you are Mistress.” They each are carrying a box. “What took you so long?” The two men look scared of Zoey and I don’t blame them. “Sorry Mistress. We were waiting for the delivery man.” I couldn’t see her face as she has her back to me, but I would safely assume that she was still angry. “Open them!” The two men jumped a little. “Yes Mistress.”

The man on the left opened his box first then the other one opened his. “Perfect.” Zoey squealed with excitement. “This is going to be the best!” She claps her hands together. “Alright, put them over here on the table. Thank you.” The two men did as they were told and put the boxes on the table and then left.