Season 18: 5# Brad's Ancestors

Brad's POV

I started talking about my ancestors from China. I didn't feel comfortable at first, but it's worth it.

Brad: During the Victorian era, when there were Opium wars, my ancestors who were from Hong Kong went with the British and went back to Great Britain. They settled in Newcastle.

Blake: Then why do you sound like a Brummie instead of a Geordie?

Brad: I was born in Birmingham. Anyways, they married white people, that's mostly the reason why I don't look Chinese and my family never did Chinese stuff. But that's mainly the reason why I'm able to speak, read and write Chinese. Compared to my other family members.

Wendy: So what surname does your Chinese ancestors use? Huang?

Brad: Kheng.

Tanya: Kheng?

Brad: Yup.

Connor: No wonder why you were born.

George: Then why do you have CF?

Brad: Genetics? Both parents must carry the CF gene in order for a child to have CF. My sister was an unaffected carrier and I was affected for some reason. Maybe something went off in my family before I was born. I dunno, I'm still trying to find out.

Connor: We'll try to find out one day.

Aren came to the room while we're talking.

Aren: I heard you were talking about your ancestors.

Brad: Yeah, during the Qing dynasty.

Aren: They really did move to Newcastle Upon Tyne but their descendants married white people. That's why you lost Chinese traits.

Kan: Oof. Asian fetish.

Aren: But there's something more to your past that you haven't mentioned to us yet.

Brad: What?

Aren: Never mind that, you can tell us when you're ready.

Aren left the common room. I remained quiet because my health has been deteriorating because of my past. That's kind of stupid, but I couldn't stop having visions of my life.

Connor: Brad, why won't you tell us you were facing your past?

Brad: I dunno, I'm not ready yet. I did tell you about my ancestors. But not something involving the Fire of 2012.

Caspar: Then why didn't you tell us? Maybe we'll also know who started it. Or maybe it was just the bushfires.

Luke: Brad, I believe you've been hiding long enough. I think it's time you tell us who started the Fire of 2012.

Our amulets started beeping. Which means Sir Simon needs us.

Brad: We have to go, Sir Simon needs us.

Calum: What is he hiding?

Reece: We really wanted to know.

Blake: He isn't ready to tell us yet. You guys don't have to force him.

Connor: Yeah, even as his boyfriend. You know what, let's head to the meeting room. Sir Simon really needs us.

We went to the common room to meet Sir Simon. He is pleased that our mission went well. Nobody said otherwise. Anyways, we sat on the chairs and listened to Sir Simon's message to us. I really hope this doesn't involve my past.

Simon: Heroes, well done on making the sun rise again. We won't have eternal night by tomorrow.

Brad: Yes.

Zoe: Woohoo!

Raphael: Yeah!

Simon: But, tomorrow you have to go to Richmond valley.

Brad: What?

Ashton: I live in Richmond. It is also where the old HQ was before it was burned down. 13 April 2012, I'll never ever forget that.

Ashley: Dude, that's Friday the 13th. A bad luck day if you're superstitious.

Simon: That's right, the Fire of 2012 happened in Richmond because of arson. I've heard that someone did it who is not Chase or Medusa.

Brad: Crud.

Connor: What's wrong?

Brad: I dunno.

Simon: So your next mission will start tomorrow.

Bailee: Tomorrow?

Caspar: I thought we'll be going to university tomorrow.

Simon: You'll go there some other time. For now, just follow the mission I sent you. You are the best Zodiac team in HQ so far.

Brad: We're the only ones here.

Simon: No, there is another Zodiac team who is unproductive compared to you guys.

Luke: What?

Simon: Never mind that, tomorrow you will go to Richmond to find the remains of the old HQ in 2012. For now, you will leave.

Brad: Thank you.

We went out of the meeting room as we will be heading to the lift. Eva started asking questions to us.

Eva: Where are we heading?

Brad: Our house, did you pack your things?

Eva: Yes and I'll be sleeping in Brent's room.

Brent: That's right.

Brad: Okay.

Connor: No worries, Brad and I sleep in the same room.

Eva: Are you gay?

Brad: What? No, I'm bisexual.

Connor: Yeah, you hear that.

Our lift arrived as we went inside. After a while, we soon arrived at our house. We went out of the storage closer and I turned on the lights revealing our house to Eva.

Eva: Woah.

Brad: Eva, welcome to our house.

Eva: Woah. It looks amazing here. Are we really in Sydney or this is outside Sydney?

Luke: We are obviously in Sydney but we're in the suburbs. This is Riverstone.

Eva: It kinda looks a lot better than Bondi beach.

Calum: Because Bondi beach is almost an hour away from us.

Brad: 53 minutes to be exact.

Luke: He has a psychic connection with us. That's why he knows stuff he doesn't know but we do.

Yuto: What time is it now?

Brad: I believe we had spent the entire day doing missions and hanging out in HQ. So I think it's 8pm already.

Connor: Then, let's go to bed.

Brad: Good night everyone.

Everyone: Night.

We all went to our separate rooms. Connor and I went to our room. I took a quick shower and got changed into my sleepwear in the bathroom. Then, I put on my nasal cannula as Connor had just finished taking a shower. I was just busy writing my diary.

Connor: Hey Brad.

Brad: Hey.

Connor: You right? You seem to be a little off when we were having a meeting with Sir Simon.

Brad: I have a feeling in my gut that someone really did commit arson. It isn't Chase and Medusa but it's someone else. It's someone I personally know. I'll tell you who it is once we visit the ruins of the old HQ in the aftermath of the Fire of 2012.

Connor: Okay. Goodnight Brad.

Brad: Goodnight.

The end...