Season 15: Chapter 5: Day 5

Brad's POV

The next day, I couldn't get out of bed as usual. I was paralysed yesterday and now, I don't have to be paralysed now. I started feeling under the weather today. I'm used to getting sick, I have cystic fibrosis and it is always making me feel under the weather. Then, I noticed someone coming up to my room. It was Connor.

Connor: Brad, you okay?

Brad: Yeah, why?

Connor: You're feeling under the weather.

Brad: No man, I'm good.

Connor felt my forehead and he noticed I have a fever.

Connor: You have a fever. You feeling right? Can you walk?

Brad: I dunno.

Connor: Geez Brad, it looks like you are getting as sick as Luke. At least you aren't showing signs as COVID 19. I'll get some stuff, stay here.

I nodded. Connor left to get some stuff so I decided to just close my eyes and fall asleep. After a while, Connor came back to my room with the stuff he needed. I soon woke up and Connor put a thermometer on my ear. It felt uncomfortable.

Connor: I know, Brad. But I need to check your temperature. Okay?

Brad: (moans)

The thermometer started beeping and I put my face into my pillow.

Connor: 39.5°C, you have a fever. Brad? You awake?

Brad: I am, just not feeling great. (Coughs)

I got my face out of my pillow so that Connor could see how horrible I looked. Messed up hair, bloodshot eyes and pale skin. I knew what I look like when I get sick, I've been sick more often before. Connor put a damp cloth on my forehead and it felt good to my boiling skin.

Connor: Looks like there is another side effect of having everyone's powers. I added some records of your symptoms when you first experienced them.

Brad: What are they?

Connor: You started having them a day after Luke went back to his home and then rushed to the hospital. Have you experienced symptoms on the 6th of April?

Brad: No.

Connor: No symptoms on the 6th of April. On the 7th, you started getting everyone's habits. Eating vegemite for breakfast, you can't cook, you never cook, at the same time you can cook, being left-handed and ambidextrous, having the ability to speak multiple languages, such as Maori, French, Afrikaans, Irish Gaelic, Chinese, Scots Gaelic, Spanish, Japanese, Vietnamese, Greek, Hindi and Norwegian, speaking in Australian slang like, 'crikey,' writing notes like Luke, memories of Calum, Devan, Troye, Ashton, Raphael, Kan, Aidan, George, Blake and my hospitalizations and panic attacks.

Brad: What about on the 8th?

Connor: You had drowsiness, a psychic connection with Luke having visions of him in the hospital, the feeling of getting a tube shoved into your mouth like you remembered it, the feeling of having a nasogastric tube in your nose, you're more left-handed, you started playing with the kids, having lizards as your favourite animals when you like golden retrievers and you breaking down in the hospital.

Brad: What about yesterday?

Connor: Things are getting worse. You're starting to eat vegemite more often, you're starting to write with your left hand properly and even write more notes than usual, then you felt pain in your left wrist from James' wrist injury, pain on your left leg from Niall and I's knee injury, then you were paralysed, you started becoming dyslexic because Collins has dyslexia and the feeling that you're top of our courses.

Brad: Today, I started getting sick. Like Luke is right now.

Connor: So you're getting a psychic connections with all of us. And even doing stuff you don't usually do but we do. So unusual.

Brad: I know.

Connor: Would you mind if we go downstairs with the others? We can watch Money Heist together.

Brad: I dunno.

Connor: Brad, try to walk.

I went out of bed and I am able to walk again. That's strange. Yesterday, I was paralysed and now I can walk again. This is more unusual than I thought.

Connor: Why don't you get changed out of your pajamas. You can't be on a tank top and shorts all day.

Brad: Right.

I grabbed my everyday clothes, got changed and went downstairs. I didn't feel hungry so I skipped breakfast and sat on the sofa. I heard Connor having a conversation with the others.

Bindi: So why were you spending about a few hours upstairs?

Connor: Brad's not feeling well. He didn't catch the coronavirus, but he is starting to get as sick as Luke.

Devan: Obviously, he has cystic fibrosis. You need to take him to the hospital if he gets sick.

Connor: What? No. I don't want him to end up like Luke.

Yuto: Well, then try to treat him or something.

Connor: I did, but I didn't give him meds. He needs to eat something first, so I decided on toast.

Wendy: Alright, go ahead, we're almost finished with breakfast.

Connor grabbed a piece of toast he just put in the toaster before he went to my room and went up to me. I didn't feel hungry. I felt like I could survive a day without food.

Connor: Here Brad, you need to eat this.

Brad: Not hungry.

Connor: You need to eat something to take your meds. Come on. Everyone is getting prepared to watch Money Heist with you.

Brad: Alright.

I slowly nibbled a slice of toast until it is finished. Then, Connor gave me a cup of tea and meds I should be taking every time I get sick. I slowly took the meds and sipped the tea he gave me.

Connor: Better?

Brad: I dunno.

Connor: We'll open Money Heist, Calum and Michael are getting Netflix on.

Calum: It's ready.

Zoe: I don't get it, why did you decide to watch Money Heist? It's not for kids.

Raphael: Yeah, it has swearing, violence and stuff.

Connor: Because we're all a team, just like Money Heist.

James: I agree with Connor.

Connor: Except, we don't live in Spain and we don't steal money from a bank and stuff.

Thaiyo: That's true, stealing is bad. We only do things for the good, secretly.

Aiden: So why do we have to keep our powers, headquarters and us at night a secret?

Michael: Seriously?

Nia: I always hated that question.

Rena: We all do.

Calum set up Netflix and opened Money Heist. We are all gathered in one man cave watching Money Heist in English. Not in Spanish because we don't understand Spanish, except for Brent, Lexi and Danna. They know Spanish.

Connor: You okay, Brad?

Brad: Still feel sick.

James: You'll feel better, tomorrow.

Wendy: Yeah.

Connor: This is actually another side effect of having everyone's powers. I've been recording every symptom since he first experienced it.

Slowly, I fell asleep on Connor's chest. I can still hear conversations, even if I am fast asleep.

Connor: You'll be fine, Brad. I'll continue recording your symptoms.

The end...