Chapter 22

Author's note:
Please be mindful that there are some harsh scenarios that may be disturbing to the sensitive people. Please read moderately.

My mood lightened, reading those words gives me hope that Raine and I will be back to be friends. David was right, giving her time will open an opportunity for me to explain to her that it wasn't me who did it and she will believe me. I know that she wouldn't waste our friendship like that.

When everyone leave, I let David go ahead first, I will tell him tomorrow about everything when Raine and I are back to be friends again. I know for sure that we will be back again.

I didn't mind those rumors spreading around while I am going to the back of the gym. I am so excited to see Raine.

I arrive at the back of the gym, I see the two girls that Raine is with the whole time she wasn't with us. "Where's Raine?" I thought it's just the two of us.

The two girls come forward at me, I step back. I sense that someone is behind me. I turn around.

"Raine?" Raine smile at me but I am shock on what she did.

She slapped me on my right cheek next to my left then right again. I didn't notice that I bit my lips that it bled. "How was it? It was just a warm up." Her friends tie my two hands to my back with a rope.

"What are you doing Raine? What is this? I thought you would listen to me right now." Raine push me and let me kneel, my knees are hurting because of the small rocks at the ground. She slap me again this time really hard. That slap makes my cheek numb.

"Do you like it?" I look at her confuse. This isn't Raine.

"I did it all Marie. My plans are done accordingly thanks to you." What is she talking about?

"Tie her mouth with a cloth, so that we won't be caught. We will finish this right away." I struggle myself but her friends succeeded on tying the cloth into my mouth.

"Our friendship was a lie my dear Marie." Huh? "When I arrive at this University, I plan to make Ajax mine. I also had the plans ready but when I met you the plans I have planned so long ago collides." Plan? Long ago?

"But upon hearing that you got the attention of Ajax, an idea came up to me. I befriended you. Like the saying, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' So, I used you to my own benefit." What the? No this is not true.

"I made up that I like Edward so that you'll get closer to me. It was fast getting closer to you, luckily that you are from the province as you can be easily fooled around. What a foolish girl. Did you thought that I was true to you? I did the letter and I spread those rumors to crush you because that is what you deserve." She laughs. I try to move but her friends push me down harder by holding my shoulder with pressure.

"Getting close to you means getting close to Ajax. I just wait for the right time to break this friendship act. Little do I know that Ajax was using you also. He used you to get my attention. What a fate could that be, you have became our bridge, I am thankful for that." She motions one her friends.

"Too bad that you fall for him, after hearing all what you have said to me, it almost made me throw up." Her friend give her a baseball bat. What is she doing with that?

"That's why I'll lessen your punishment. Your mistake was falling in love with Ajax and getting close to him, almost getting in our way to each other. He is only mine and I am his." I didn't fall in love with Ajax. I only like him. She is wrong. I try myself to scream but I can't let it all out because of the cloth in my mouth.