Chapter 1

Me and my Mom decided to live in the city. Mom is driving and I am sitting at the back while the window is open, and everything is different back in our hometown. There are tall structures, more vehicles, more people, lesser trees, lesser fresh air, no mountains and all about it is far from my usual home.

"Marie, you should close the window. The air is different out here." I close the window and decided to put some earphones and play some music.

Not more than long enough, we arrive at the apartment that Mom choose. It is just a simple apartment, with two bedrooms, sort of spacious living room, a small kitchen, and it is satisfying for a two-person apartment. We put our things into the apartment and I start to arrange my own room. It is just small, but for a 18 year old teenage girl who is creative in her own way....small room is enough.

Mom cook for breakfast. I almost finish arranging my things when Mom called me for breakfast. I go to the kitchen and we eat together.

"So, how was your room?" I smiled at Mom. "Everything is fine, your daughter is a talented person. She can make a small room into something wonderful." Mom look at me as if she is saying that she is proud of me.

"We will be visiting your Aunt later. She will be helping us to buy some furnitures needed in the apartment, they are just a block away from here." I nod. "Mom, about the University I will be entering—" My Mom stand up from her chair and get some water in the fridge. "You will be attending in the same University with your cousin." I know that I am old enough to be independent in life but Mom is too worried about me due to I never experienced living in a city. I was born in a town of a province far away from here and grew up there. Maybe, having a cousin in the same University would be better for me.

I volunteer to wash the dishes because I know that Mom is already tired from a long drive. I told her to wash up and give herself a rest so that she will have an energy later.

When it's already afternoon, Mom decided that we go now at Aunt's apartment. It is really not that far. We go to the 17th Floor of the building and ring the bell. There is a 30 year old woman greet us at the front door. She smiles widely at us.

"Jean, how are you? Oh, is this Marie? She is so pretty. Please, come in." Maybe, she is Aunt Marjorie. When we enter, I am amazed by her apartment. It is huge but at the same time I just felt home in here.

"So, how was the trip?" Mom smiled. "It was tiring but I am having fun to introduce the city to Marie." Their attention went to me.

"Marie, darling. The last time I see you, you were 5 years old and there are mud in your face. I forgot, I am your Aunt Marjorie." I am flustered about that flashback, and I just smile at her to show that I am happy to meet her.

"She is really a beautiful girl. She may used to live in a small town but her looks like she is from the city." Aunt Marjorie complimented. Mom and Aunt talk about the furnitures that they will be buying for the apartment. Aunt let me roam in her apartment.

Everything is well arranged, organized and at the same time it is wonderful. Some of the furnitures are made from wood. There are paintings that reminds me back in my hometown. But the thing that caught my attention was the terrace at the apartment.

The view is wonderful. The city lights is like a star that shines above the sky. It is breathtaking. The cars were like the animals we use for transportation, and the buildings were like the mountains and trees. It makes reminds me back there.