Chapter 18

Raine and David planned on visiting me before the classes starts tomorrow.

Mom is not at home because she have work and be going home late.

Raine arrived before lunch, I told her, she would have informed me that she will arrive early so that I will be able to cook for lunch earlier for the both of us. I was planning on eating an instant food for lunch because I am just alone at home.

"I couldn't let you be alone at your apartment." Raine follows me to the kitchen.

"I am not a kid Raine, I can stay at our apartment all by myself." I check the fridge and look at the ingredients thinking of the possible dish that I will be cooking for lunch.

"I can help you cook." I pull out all the ingredients I need and sort them out at the sink.

"Sure, help me clean the ingredients first, I'll be defrosting the meat on the other side." Raine follows what I instruct her.

It is kind of off when we are not talking to each other due to we are engaged with the prepping the ingredients.

"It is awkward that we are not talking." Raine said. "Wanna tell me something?" My mind pops out about Ajax.

Raine is one of the people I truly trust the most. I can actually tell her right now, what are my feelings I have for Ajax, now that I am certain with it.

I smile and start the conversation.

"Raine, I like Ajax." She stop on washing the ingredients. I look at her, I can't see what expression is she showing.

She dry her hands and face me.

"How? Why are you telling me this now?" She looks so shock and happy as well. I am relieve that she is happy with it.

"Well...." I told her everything. From the start where I met Hannah and all the things happened between Me and Ajax. While cooking, I am still telling her about it.

When we are at the dining table, I am still talking about it. I also told her on how I discovered and learned my feelings.

"Marie, why you didn't tell me everything from the start?" I pour a water in our glasses.

"I am not sure how to tell you at first. I always think that people will think of me as a fool because I don't know this feeling and they will make fun of me as I am not informed enough with this kind of stuff. I bet people from the city are used to these situations and they'll find me dumb." I look down at my plate.

Raine holds my hand and squeezes it.

"I understand Marie. It is just I didn't thought that you would be liking Ajax. I was so sure back then that you may probably like David." I shake my head. Yeah, speaking of David. I should tell him right away my response to his feelings, I don't want that he will know my feelings for Ajax from a another person.

"I thought so too. David was probably my first crush at first but this is unexpected." We finished eating and I wash the dishes. I let Raine watch a movie at the living room while I am washing the dishes.

When I am done, I go to the living room. I see Raine texting someone. "Raine, is David already coming?" She jump from her seat like she is scared to see me.

"Sorry, did I startle you?" She straighten herself.

"You did. I thought you are still washing the dishes." I sit beside her. "David is almost near, he brought his PS4 with him." I look at the tv.