Chapter 3

"Huh?" I look at them.

"I just talked to Ajax yesterday about how to stop this rumors. But I didn't know that he made already his move on this matter." Edward just shrug his shoulders.

"You should thank Ajax, Marie. Even though he is like that he has still have a good heart you know." Jack said. I smile at them and leave their table.

I go back to Raine and David. They already bought my order. "So, did Edward did it?" I shake my head. "Then who?" I lean at Raine and whisper. "It was Ajax" She unintentionally left her mouth hang.

"What? What on earth?" I nod. David seem not to mind the things we talk about, as he just eat as he shows that he would listen if I would allow him.

"What should I do?" I ask. I look at David and give him an approval to get into this talk. "Ehem. The best way is to thank him personally as he cleared up the misunderstanding and he let you get out of the attention." He has a point but it is hard to get near at Ajax knowing that Jenny is around but did he really did that?

It is already time for us to go home, I told Edward that we wouldn't be together going home today as I will be with Raine and David. He is relieved to hear about it as he will be having a basketball club today and can't bring me home.

I am waiting at the garden at school. David is returning a book at the library and Raine is at the faculty giving the sheets that we did a while ago.

"I heard that you stopped the rumor? Why?" I jolt at my sit. It is Jenny. Why are they here? I look around, it is should be crowded as people is going home. Should I leave? This is really awkward. But, if I leave they will notice me knowing that they are not that far from where I am standing. I have no choice but to eavesdrop even though I don't want to hear it.

"Ajax, tell me! What has gotten to you?" I push myself at the tree and pressed my back on it. I hope they won't see me here somehow.

"Ajax! Answer my damn question!" Suddenly a long silence has linger. What happened?

"Jenny, you know me as I know you, no more questions. Let's eat outside, you need to drop this issue. All I can tell is that I didn't do it for her as what you are trying to get from me." My eyebrows frown in confusion. I am hearing footsteps and it fades away, finally I can breathe now.

"Hey!"

"Holy Molly!" I shout and immediately covered my mouth.

"Marie, you okay? You seem so confuse or something, did something happen?" I look and see David coming over. I am so nervous, I thought I was caught.

"Marie! Let's go." Raine waves at us. "Don't worry David, I am fine."

We go to a cafe near the University and I open the topic of what I have heard while I was waiting for them.

"I have something to tell." Their attentions focus unto me. "While I was waiting I heard Ajax and Jenny talking about the thing, the rumor, being put down. Well, Ajax said that he didn't did it for the issue itself, he was just making it to happen to make him the good guy." I analyze what they talked about and that's what came to me.

"Ajax, is always the good guy to people." Raine replied.

"I guess he really didn't put it down for your sake, but for their sake." Yeah, why would I think that he will help me, like putting down the issue? I am such a dumb person. Come on Marie get your senses up.

"Forget about thanking him. It is nothing, think that we didn't talk about that." I smile at Raine, and David is just shaking his head and smile at me.