Micah Bell: Who He is Jealous of

Start from the beginning

"I ain't fucking jealous" Micah scoffed but you weren't stupid, you knew when he was lying.

"Good, 'cause you have no reason to be" you placed your hand on his arm, stopping him from mounting Baylock and making him to turn to face you before leaning up and pressing a quick kiss to his lips. "Maybe I was sending Arthur because I didn't want you to leave the gang" you teased as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"That so?" Micah smirked as he slipped an arm around your waist to hold you closer to him.

"Yeah but you've insisted that you have to take care of it, so I guess I'll see you later" you pouted playfully before pulling away from him completely, making him huff in frustration. "Oh stop frowning. Later" you promised, leaning up to give him another quick kiss before walking away.

Micah just muttered to himself as he mounted his horse. Great, now he had to go into town to run some errands.

He would never admit it to anybody, barely even to himself but sometimes he got a little concerned when he saw that you were getting close to Arthur. Sometimes his mind just wandered and he realised that everyone else seemed to love Arthur (and prefer him to Micah by an infinite amount) so it made him wonder: why wouldn't you?

This was a perfect example, you had needed something done and you went to Arthur without even mentioning it to him first. It just made Micah wonder. Did you admire Arthur as much the rest of the gang seem too? Did you think Arthur was more capable, more likely to do a favour for you...did you prefer Arthur to him?

-----

Not being as dense as your significant other, you knew that something wasn't right with Micah. He had been acting strange, at least strange for him. You knew what it was, you weren't stupid, it started when he had seen you talking to Dutch and you could see how much it bothered him when you were asking Arthur to run an errand for you.

Micah was jealous, though you couldn't really understand why. Everyone knew that you were with him and you never expressed interest in anyone else, you were often with him in the camp and even out of it. Still, you could see how it was bothering him and that he would never talk to you about it, so you decided to take the initiative.

It was late in the evening and you were in your tent, knowing that Micah would be in soon and you would be able to talk to him. It wasn't long before Micah stepped into the tent and closed the canvas behind him.

"You alright?" you asked casually as you stood from the cot and walked up to him.

"Yeah" Micah nodded, looking down at you curious. He hadn't been expecting the question.

"Are you sure there isn't anything you want to talk about?" you prompted, giving him the chance to just be honest and vulnerable with you for a moment.

"No...should there be?" Micah's brow furrowed in confusion.

"I dunno...I think there is" you shrugged.

"Alright then, smartass" you could hear the fondness in his voice as he placed his hands on your hips. "What would that be?" he asked.

"...how come you've been acting so strange...about Dutch and Arthur recently" you looked up at him seriously.

"Dunno what you're talking about" Micah mumbled, his grip on your hips instantly loosening.

"Micah...please talk to me" you whispered as you placed your hands on his chest, not wanting him to pull away from you now.

"You were jealous, right?" you asked softly, not even a hint of teasing in your tone.

"I wasn't jealous. I don't get jealous" Micah assured you firmly.

"You don't have to give me all the details but I know you were, I'm not stupid. I saw how bothered you were when I asked Arthur to run a simple errand for me" you told him, noticing how his jaw clenched and he looked off to the side. "See, I know you better that you think I do" you smiled slightly, bringing your hand up to push his hair out of his face.

"Why would I be jealous of Morgan?" Micah asked gruffly.

"I don't know. You shouldn't be. Y'know why?" you asked as you slipped your arms around his neck.

"Why?" he squinted at you.

"Because I love you and I'm only interested in you. Arthur is always running around for something, so I asked him to pick up that shit when he was out. If I needed somebody to do something important for me, the first person I would go to is you" you reminded him. "You still don't have to say anything but I promise you that you don't have to worry about anything or be jealous about anyone. You have me, I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere" you promised him, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

When he didn't say anything, you moved to plant a kiss on his other cheek. Still receiving no response, you started to scatter kisses over his cheeks and along both sides of his jaw.

"Alright, cut that shit out" Micah grunted but made no effort to push you away.

"I think you like it" you teased as you continued to kiss over his face and neck.

"I'm sure you do" Micah mused as his grip on your hips tightened again, pulling you closer to him and making you smile.

"You do" you insisted as you kissed his cheek again, then the corner of his mouth, and finally his lips. Micah instantly kissed you back, wrapping an arm around your waist and pressing a hand to the small of your back.

You knew that comforting Micah involved a lot of talking at him, since he was very unlikely to respond with anything too vulnerable or sincere. You didn't mind all that much though, as long as he was feeling more secure about your feelings for him, it had been a success. Maybe he would be a little more open about his jealously in the future. For now, as long as it didn't effect your relationship, you could handle it.

"I love you, Micah" you whispered against his lips as you pulled away from the kiss slightly, running your fingers through his hair.

"I love ya too, darlin'" Micah ran his hand up your back.

"I know" you smiled as you secured your arms around his neck some more, holding yourself closer to him. Micah rolled his eyes fondly before wiping away your smile by kissing you again.

You were right, you were here with him, not Dutch or Arthur. You had been bored by Dutch's literature lecture, only gone to Arthur to ask him to run your chores. But when you wanted company of any kind, you came to him. You were right, Micah could see that.

Requests are Closed!