Micah Bell: Who He is Jealous of

Start from the beginning

Thankfully, as soon as you were finished talking to Dutch, you walked straight over to Micah and sat down beside him. This made him relax. Without any explanation, Micah wrapped an arm around you protectively, smirking to himself when you lent into his side.

"Dutch have anything interesting to say?" Micah asked, feigning disinterest.

"Nah, just talking about that Evelyn Miller feller" you shook your head.

"Hmm...that interest you?" Micah glanced down at you curiously.

"Not really, kinda boring actually" you confessed with a small chuckle.

"Hmm" he just hummed.

"You alright?" you asked, looking up at him, a little concerned by his reaction. Was something wrong?

"Sure" Micah nodded but he wasn't very convincing. You frowned slightly before just nodding and leaning into his side again, he was probably just in a weird mood and would be fine again tomorrow.

-----

You walked over to Arthur as he was getting his horse ready to ride out somewhere, so you assumed this was the perfect time to make your request.

"Hey, Arthur" you greeted him with a smile.

"Hey, Y/n. You alright?" Arthur pulled away from his horse and turned back to you.

"Yeah, I was just wondering if you could do me a favour?" you confessed.

"Depends, what it is?" Arthur asked.

"No rush or anything, could you just pick some things up for me when you next pass through town? Like I said, no rush. Just whenever you can and I'll give you the cash for it, of course" you assured him, not wanting to bother him too much.

"Sure, not a problem" Arthur chuckled. "You got a list or something?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's nothing much. Some of it is some stuff that Dutch needs as well" you told him as you took the list out of your pocket and held it out to him.

"What's this?" Micah's question got both of your attention, watching him as he snatched the list from your hand. You just raised an eyebrow at him as he read over the small slip of paper. "I got it, fuck off Morgan" he waved his hand dismissively at the other man.

"Micah?" you frowned at his strange behaviour.

"I'll see ya later. If you still need anything later, you know where to find me" Arthur told you.

"Thank you" you nodded politely at him as he mounted his horse and rode away. "Is there a problem?" you asked Micah, turning back to him once Arthur was out of sight.

"Do you think I can't do that for ya?" Micah asked, waving the list at you.

"What?" you frowned, even more confused now.

"If you need something doing, you come to me. Not Arthur" Micah told you sternly, still leaving you confused.

"...alright. I just didn't want to bother you and Arthur was already leaving the camp. I assumed he'd get the stuff on the way back" you explained with a small shrug, not seeing what the problem was.

"In the future you come to me first" Micah asserted as he pocketed the list and walked over to Baylock.

You just frowned as you followed him, trying to understand what was bothering him. And then, just like that, you realised what was going on. "Wait...are you jealous because I asked Arthur to run an errand for me?" you asked.