Chapter 52: New training: α

Hello hello y'all, it's me! Before we get on with the story, I just wanted to make a quick announcement about the story itself, and that is...that we're not very far from the end! Revising and publishing this story has been one hell of a trip down memory lane for me, and I hope that you managed to enjoy it, in one way or another.
There will also be another VERY BIG announcement in the last chapter, so stay tuned! Now, I'd just like to thank y'all for your support and all that, it really means a lot to me!
Okay, I'm done now. Thanks for your patience and enjoy!

"So what did you think of your new...training regimen?" 

Ehh…I took quite the beating yesterday, but it's not bad. Today I'll have to fight Yuri though. She's specialized in close combat, which means I'll be more…in my element, but it also means I'm gonna get punched around the whole Amphitheatrum. I am not looking forward to this…

"Useful, for sure. Painful, without a shadow of a doubt. Thrilling, obviously. Scary? Yes."

I think I explained that thoroughly enough. 

"Yes, I agree…you'll fight Yuri Alpha today, won't you?" Shalltear asks casually, an absent smile stuck on her lips.
"Yeah…I'm ready to get punched around the whole Amphitheatrum." I joke and smile nervously. 
"Ah, I'm sure you'll do good enough. I'll also be there to watch, so give it your best, hehehe!" 

What? Oh, fuck. I won't be able to concentrate if both Lupusregina and Shalltear are gonna be there! 

"Ahh…I'll try." 
"Oh, and there's also going to be your little human friend watching!" 

Well, now I know I won't be able to focus at all. My stress level just rose drastically.

"Aha, s-sure. I can't w-wait…" I stammer, trying to sound normal. 
"You're so stressed it's funny!" Shalltear points out with a giggle. 
"I'm n-not stressed…I'm just a bit nervous." I reply, realizing only after having spoken that nervousness is a direct consequence of stress.

My hands are fucking shaking, I don't think I've ever been this nervous in my life. Except for when I first met Shalltear, but that was obvious.

"A bit? You're shaking, Mark. I can see you've never been this nervous in your life. Except for when you met me, but I think that was obvious." 

Did she just say that on purpose?! She must have read my mind. Did she read my mind?

"You're right. Anyway, I am even more worried about fighting Yuri than I was about fighting Narberal. She's specialized in close combat, and she's got those two big gauntlets…with spikes…" I start losing myself in my thoughts a bit. Just a bit.
"And she can take off her head." 
"EXCUSE ME?!" I yell making Shalltear jump. 
"She can take her head off and throw it at you. Be careful. Oh, here we are!" 
After the usual boring greetings, and a chat with Tuare and Lupusregina, Cocytus tells me and Yuri to get in position. I take a few deep breaths and try to concentrate on the task at hand. 

Which is not getting mashed to a pulp.
She's got the advantage when it comes to punches. But I've got the advantage when it comes to…vampirism? Of course I do, but that's not gonna be of much help. Maybe agility? Yeah, agility sounds nice. This is just so I can give myself some false securities and step into this fight a bit more confidently.