Chapter 12: His queen

*Shalltear POV*

"Ahh...I don't know exactly why. I lost control there for a second." I explain a bit unsurely.
"I think you lost control more when you transformed. I didn't see what you did during your...rampage, but the screams and the dead bodies told me enough." 

I also yelled "he's mine". It's so embarrassing to think about…

"R-right. I don't know why...maybe because I didn't want to lose an obedient and upstanding servant such as you or something." 

That was the best I could come up with? Seriously? 

"Oh, okay. Thanks." 
He tries to get up, but his legs fail him and he almost falls with his face on the ground. 
"Mark?" I call him a bit worried. 
He staggers back to the bed, and he sits back on it, then he lets out a sigh of relief. 
"I'm fine...I'm still very weak." 
"I can see that." 
Suddenly his face changes from a slight smile to perplexity. 
"I wasn't in a coma for 11 days, right?" 

Oh, that's why. He's kinda funny. 

"No no, don't worry. Just a few hours." I tell him as I wag my hand up and down.
"Oh, good…" 

It's clear he has no idea what to say. 

"Oh, it turns out one of the humans was still alive, so I chained her up in my floor's basement. You want to have some fun with her?" 
"Her? Oh, right...one of them was a woman...well, a girl...why not? I might as well try embracing my inner vampire, now that I'm here. Or something." 

Embracing his inner vampire...sounds weird, but I like it! 

"Alright. Can you walk?" 
He slowly stands up, then he takes a few wobbly steps around. 
"Kinda. It's better if you teleport us there or something." 

He's got a point. 

"Fine...come here." 
He takes a step forward and I grab his arm, then I teleport him in the "basement". 

Somebody might even call it a torture room, but I think that's a very bold term. 

"Oh...this is a torture room." He says casually after looking around a bit. 
"Oh? No, it's the basement! "Torture room" is a very strong term, don't you think?" I ask pleased. 
"Whatever you say, boss. But...is that a bed?"

Shit, he noticed. 

"Y-yes. Why do you ask?" 
"It seems a bit weird for there to be a bed in a tort...basement, don't you think?" He asks crossing his arms. 
"Um…I mean…it's…" 

Now what do I say?

He starts slowly taking steps towards the bed, ignoring every other thing in the very big room, but I grab his arm and look at him seriously. 
"Don't...please." 
"Alright." 

Alright? Really? 

"A-alright?" I ask a bit surprised.
"Yeah. Everybody needs their privacy. Now, where's the human?" 

Thank God...sometimes he's very nice, I have to say that. 

"I-it's...over here." 
I walk him to a vertical metal board, where the human is tied up with her limbs pointing towards the four edges of the board. 
"She still can't see or hear us." I explain as we get in front of her. 
"Oh, okay. So what did you want to do with her?" 

Good question. 

"I was going to...nevermind…you choose." 
I take a quick look at the bed far behind me, then I shake my head and look back at her. 
"Are you sure?" He asks looking at me. 
"Y-yeah...you choose." 
He starts thinking and he goes on for a minute or so, then he takes a look at her, and at me. 
"Do you have one of those big hooded capes?"