Chapter 13: "Training"

I've been fighting for quite a while, but only stupid skeletons or animals. 

I'm kinda getting bored. 
I need humans, I need to see blood…

Yesterday torturing that woman felt very good, and I want more.
"You are doing good, kid." I hear Cocytos's deep voice to my left. 
"Thank you, Master Cocytos." 
"Do you have any requests on your last opponent?" Cocytos asks and I hear his classic puff. 
"Hey Cocytos! How's Mark doing?" 

Oh, Shalltear's here. 

I put my knife away and take a look at her. 
"Good day, boss." I say casually. 
Shalltear nods, then she looks at Cocytos in a knowing way.
"He's about to fight his last opponent for today. And I was asking him if he had any requests." 
"Oh, you should give him a human!" Shalltear yells. 

Yes, he should. 

"But there are no humans to fight here, and I don't think Lord Ainz would be so inconsiderate to...take some." 

Yeah, that's true…

"Aww, it would have been a great thing to see!" 

Yeah, it would have. A lot. 

"If you say so, Shalltear. But there are no humans here in Nazarick at the moment. And even if there were, I'm sure Lord Ainz doesn't want to waste them on training him." Cocytos says pointing one of his four arms at me.
"It's fine, really. I'll have other chances to-" 
"Shalltear! Cocytos! Lord Ainz just Messaged my brother and it turns out we have humans to spare!" 

Eh? 
Oh, there's Aura. 

She jumps to Shalltear and whispers something in her ear, then Shalltear walks to me and suddenly teleports the two of us in front of the throne room's entrance.
"Shalltear. And her servant." 
And there's Demiurgos waiting. 
"Is Lord Ainz available?" Shalltear asks. Then Demiurgos walks in, and after a minute he comes back out and opens the door for us. 
"You're good to go." He says and adjusts his glasses. 
"Thanks, Demiurgos. Come on, Mark." 
I follow Shalltear through the door and after walking for a little we get in front of King Ainz's throne, and we both kneel down. 
"Shalltear, Mark, get up." 

Alright. 
That voice scares me like hell. 

We both do as we're told and I hear Shalltear clearing her throat. 
"Lord Ainz...I've heard that that we've...acquired some humans not long ago." 
"Yes, Shalltear. 7, to be exact. And I think I already know what you're going to ask of me." 

He does? 

"What do you suppose, Lord Ainz?" Shalltear asks.
"You might want to ask me to give one or more of them to you." 

Okay, he's not only scary and powerful, but also smart. 
Nice. 

"N-not exactly, Lord Ainz. I'm...are there any humans capable of fighting among those 7?" 
"Hm? Why are you asking me?"  
"Well, Lord Ainz...I thought since Mark was training, we could...give him a few humans to fight." Shalltear explains.  
"And why would we do that, Shalltear?" 

Good question. 

"Lord Ainz...you heard about the accident in the woods yesterday. I managed to bring one of the humans to my basement alive, and I let Mark handle the rest. He has a lot of potential, Lord Ainz, I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you see what he does when there's a human to kill." 
"Hm. Is what Shalltear said true?" 

Okay, this one's for me. 
But this time I won't say no. 

"Yes, your majesty. I want to ask you to forgive my selfishness. Since I was about to fight my last opponent for today's training, Master Cocytos asked me if I had any preferences. And I stupidly asked for a human. Lady Shalltear just thought about giving her loyal servant a gift, which I do not deserve." 
King Ainz brings a hand to his chin and thinks for a minute. 
"We need to give 2 humans to Kyouhukou, then 1 to Solution and 1 to Entoma. I want to use these other 3 humans for a different purpose than just creating undead this time, so I will grant your wish."