Chapter 51: New training: Γ

After another ordinary week of spending my mornings in Carne with Lupusregina and my afternoons both training and with Shalltear, Cocytus had an idea. But when he told me he was going to "spice up my training regimen" I would have never thought I'd be fighting somebody else from Nazarick. 
"Today you will match wits against one of the Pleiades." 

Oh, even better! I'm gonna get blown to bits!

"A-are you sure, Master Cocytos?" I ask feeling just a bit uneasy.
"Yes. And this will be your training from now on. You have developed excellent skills in sword fighting, now it is time you learn how to use everything at your disposal. And fighting an opponent who is stronger than you is the perfect way to do it."

Fuck. Did he say from now on? Oh God…

"S-so who will be my opponent for today?" I ask, swallowing. 

My mouth is getting really dry, I am honestly terrified to fight one of the Pleiades. What if it's Lupusregina?! 

"Me." A female voice says behind me. 

Uh…that voice could've come from either Yuri or Narberal. Let's find out, shall we

I take a very deep breath and turn around, looking at the black eyed and black haired maid standing in front of me. The stern look coming from her almond eyes chills me to the bone. 

So I'm going up against Narberal. Wasn't she the strongest one among the Pleiades? 

"None of you two should hold back. The point of this is to simulate a real battle." Cocytus explains once Narberal and I are in position. 

Narberal is a magewhich means I kinda have the advantage in close combat. But the only problem

"Very well then. Who's starting?" Narberal says sternly looking at me, lifting up in the air.

…is getting near her

"Ladies first." I say, drawing my knife. I decide not to use the second blade yet, since I wanna make it a surprise. 
"Get him, Narbe! Beat him to a pulp!" 

Wait, Lupusregina's here?! 

"Lupusregina? What are you-" 
I don't have the time to finish the sentence that Narberal throws a lightning bolt at me, making me fly back a few meters and fall on my back. 
"Shit…" I mutter, standing up with a stinging pain all over my body.

There's no point in trying to challenge her in a magic battle, I only know one or two useful spells, and I can't use them well

At that point Narberal starts bombarding me with lightnings, so I'm forced to zigzag around the whole Amphitheatrum trying not to get fulminated. I start running in a spiral, gradually getting closer to her, then when I reach a good position I jump up and raise my knife in the air.