BK2- 🍁Chapter Three🍁

"Dahlia, darling" the Queen began as I wiggled and pushed against the guards holding me. Three days had passed since the king had so generously allowed me to roam "freely" throughout the castle grounds. In reality, the high, and oh so mighty, General Brayden watched me closer than a hawk.

The rest— except for Lucien—were moved to larger cells/rooms and were allowed just two hours in the outdoors per day, it made me boil inside with such fury it was nearly unbearable. At the moment, however, I had been led into a sitting room where the queen was sitting all regal on a couch, I didn't want to talk to anyone with an ounce of Royal Ravkah blood, and they knew it. Hence, the forceful way I was being held by the guards as I trashed, and hurled a snarl the Queen's way.

The merely Queen rolled her eyes at me and waved her guards off " We have matters to discuss, so I suggest you have a seat" her tone was silky sweet but with unmistakable steel behind it. I sat on the chair across from the Queen, spine stiff as a board and my entire body tense "And what matters might that be?" I ask calmly, plastering a composed and nonchalant expression onto my face, in reality, I fumed.

"Let us drop pretenses darling, we all know the only reason you remain alive is due to my daughter's engagement to your comrade"

"Forced engagement, you forgot to say it's forced," I said blandly, not bothering with being pleasant.

The queen glared at me " We both know Lord Lucien is gaining a great deal from this arrangement, do not make it out to be a trial or torment."

I nearly scoffed, lord Lucien! Haha

I narrowed my eyes at her "Why did you push it then? If you are losing from this arrangement?"

"Power Dahlia, it has always only ever been about power, in my country, a Lilith is the symbol of strength and power so it only makes sense to make him royalty. There hasn't been a Lilith born in Ravkah for centuries aside from Lucien and my daughter is obsessed " she gave an exasperated sigh at the end.

In centuries! I always knew Lucien was powerful but I never fathomed the depth of his power!

" The only condition Lucien insisted upon was his comrade's safety, he was quite dramatic honestly," the queen said, "Not to mention his tendency for stubbornness, " she and I nearly rolled my eyes.

"Now, it has come to my attention your country is in need of assistance.." and something in her tone made my skin crawl, made a shiver run down my back and every hair stand on end.

"I know about your parents Dahlia..." I couldn't help but suck in a ragged breath at her words, and I had a vague feeling of my little world built on lies slowly crumbling to pieces.

"Oh yes, did you truly think their death would go by unnoticed? Honestly darling how naive." My skinned crawled and I felt like hurling my guts out, I almost smiled then, at the thought of emptying my stomach on the Queen's immaculate composure.

"What do you plan to do?" I asked with my chin held high.

" I will give you two options Dahlia, but first know that this news has also reached the ears of Venice and they will surely come for your country"

Venice knew then, the truth had ultimately reached their ears and now it was only a matter of time till that evil nation rose up again and conquered us completely this time around.

I could not be hearing this right, this was not happening to me!

" I offer you a very generous arrangement, keep the alliance with Ravkah by marrying prince Kavaleer and I will offer up troops to help fight off any possible threats to Shabina. But only after the marriage and the Prince will rule by your side in Shabina, you will be equal, it will Not be a kingdom ruled by a Queen alone."