34 - Anchored To Your Side

Start from the beginning

We then check the map of the amusement park, to know what places we'll visit. It's a huge place and there are a lot of things to explore, but our time in this place is very limited.

Our first stop is the museum itself. Kei and I are welcomed by the sign with lampposts design. After a few meters of walking, we enter the entrance hall of the building. The exterior design is very minimalistic, but interiors are full of color and life. The whimsical and magical vibes are very present, especially in the exhibit rooms available.

There are many areas to explore and we should keep our eyes in every detail, because each detail tells a story. It's not all about the stone and steel of the museum, but the integration of it within the environment. It is very special and riveting. The architecture is speaking one's soul, so unhinged that it immerses beyond language. It's like a dream-come-true.

Kei and I surely roamed around where our eyes take us, and felt the hunger after some time. We decide to go to the Straw Hat Cafe and order something to eat. We settle in the deck area as we inhale the fresh spring air.

It's almost 10 in the morning. Whew. That's fast.

After eating, we go back inside. We still have the film tickets on our hand and it's the key to visit one of the highlights of the museum: The Saturn's Cinema. The staff will air short animated films, written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki-san himself.

Once finished watching, we head to the exhibit room that has the replica of the studio where Hayao Miyazaki-san and his team worked for the films. It's full of original drawings and I'm so privileged to see each artwork.

And oh, we also go to the Cat Bus featured in 'My Neighbor Totoro'. I wanna ride inside, but unfortunately, it's not designed for adults . . . Or teens.

Slowly and slowly, we are exiting the museum. It only indicates that our Ghibli Museum experience is about to end.

But before that, we go up the apex part of the museum: the giant robot that's seen in the movie 'Laputa: Castle in the Sky'. The robot soldier is calmly looking down at its visitor, saying: "Even in the quiet of time, I will persist to exist."

That got me emotional.

From here above, we can see the whole lot area of the recreational park. We explore everything we can reach, until I can't feel my legs anymore. The place is too big to stroll the whole thing. We took a rest under a tree with a refreshment. The weather is perfect today. Cloudy, but very bright, and windy. I look above and see the sunlight striking through the leaves.

"Are you still okay?" Kei asks.

I gaze to my left and beam at him. "Yes, just a little tired. Wanna grab lunch after this?"

"Yeah, we probably should." My smile instilled as I nod to respond at him.

A few minutes later, we begin walking again to exit this recreational park. As I took a final look at the museum, I remember how I exactly felt once stepping in the museum premises. I had hopes fulfilled walking inside, and walking out feeling complete. It's magical beyond descriptions.

And so, we leave.

Good thing, there are nearby restaurants near the area and we stop by. It's 12 noon and we only a few more hours before the day ends. While eating, Kei and I have to adjust our schedule. Tokyo National Museum is still on the list, as well as the Digital Art Museum. We're also aware of the trip duration, especially we're just commuting.

To reach the National Museum, we have to take the train. Even though the train is moving fast, one hour is still long. I yawn. I'm getting sleepy.