9 - Favor

It has been a while since I woke up, and it felt really horrible and embarrassing at the same time that I fainted at school. Ugh, I hope something like that would never happen again. Like never ever again.

But yeah, I can say that I'm fine now. I mean, really, really fine. I just needed some rest from all the things I had been through, especially this past few days at school.

For now, I am currently in the kitchen, just making some pastries just to kill time. And I need to return a favor to a certain someone.

I'm deciding what flavour should I make for this cake. Well, I don't I have a specific favorite, but I like strawberry.

After a long debate to myself on which flavour to choose, I ended with strawberries.

It is around 4 o'clock or so, and I heard the familiar ding from the oven, signaling that it is time to remove the small pan out of the oven. I pull the pan for the fourth time.

Yes, for the fourth time. The three precious sponge cakes that I made a while ago tasted really fine. But there was something missing to the taste, so I experimented something on my fourth time.

I just wish that this is it. I never baked this many.

Why am I baking, anyway?

Well, because this is your current best skill. Says by the small voice inside my head.

Oh, okay.

I examine the fresh sponge cake that I took out. It have the perfect shade of yellow and looked so fluffy. I get some fork and poke it lightly if it is baked right. And it seems the texture is rightly baked. I also take a bit of it for the taste. I blow I first to cool the heat and eat it right away.

"Hmm," I purse my lip while chewing, "This is the right flavour I've been searching!" I told myself in delight and squealed, "Finally~"

Now . . . for the icing. It surely takes time doing this. I don't have the baking tools right now, so I'm just doing it manually.

And after a great meanwhile, everything is now done. I go to the living room and jump on the couch.

Ugh . . . I'm tired.

I take a quick look to my phone and learn that it is past 6 PM.

Wow. I just got discharged out of the hospital and here I am now, tiring myself to finish my desired taste of cake.

I pick the throw pillows and hug it time. "Heck . . . I also think I'm gonna be sick with all the icing I tasted." I mumble to myself, closing my eyes.

And little did I know, I fell asleep.

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

The sound of the door opening; a cart being pushed by someone . . . it was all noisy. That woke me up. I was greeted by the white walls and ceiling, the scent of bleach and medicines, and there was a nurse, around late 30's, at my side while adjusting the dextrose dripper.

"Hello, child." she spoke in a soft voice when she noticed that I was awake. "How are you feeling?"

"Feeling . . . fine, I guess." I answered, more like I questioned. Then I sat up from my bed. It came to light when I discovered that I was in the hospital.

Whoa. Really. How did I get here? Wait, I think I remembered. My memories were kind of blurry, all I could remember that I was with Kei, and he said something that really hurt me. It suddenly became hard for me to breathe because I felt my chest aching and twisting, and then everything went black.