32 - The Weight Of Tomorrow

again, if u haven't read the karasuno vs. kamomedai arc, i would say that this chapter has spoilers.

Faint wind in the light of the afternoon, gently swaying and humming in the surrounding. It enchants me. I look around and behold the trees that have shed leaves. Drawn by admiration, it must be easy living as nature. They look so unbothered; they only take what's given to them as if that's what they only need.

I stay outside to decipher these creations. I can have the answers in mind. Yet there are things that I fail to comprehend.

For instance, the reason why humans have emotions.

It's like solving too many pieces of too many different puzzles.

I have spent too much time outside and a few minutes from now, the match will start. When I'm about to enter, someone calls my name. As I look back, it's Akiteru-kun. He's with someone. He's Tenma Udai, he says. Not only him, but Saeko-nee-san is also with two ladies. Akane Yamamoto and Alisa Haiba are the names.

After a brief introduction to each other, we all head inside and watch the team's match.

As the game continues, I have the passive feeling inside of me. My consciousness is sending me signals to prepare myself for the unknown. It feels triumphant when the Karasuno scored a point and feel frustrated if the other team landed one.

Every single one of them put their hearts onto this match. Particularly to Kei. He may be seen as having an arrogant persona, but he's taking volleyball seriously and plays with passion. Though, he remains cool and collected most times. And from my perspective, I may not hear it, but he visibly irritates his teammates to rev them up.

And just as the ending of the day, the sun has to set.

All of the specters, even I, are dreaded to see Shoyo Hinata collapses on the court! It's even more disheartening to see that no matter how many times Shoyo tries to stand up, he's repeatedly kept on falling. I can't fathom what he truly feels right now. Not me, not the whole team. The frustration, guilt . . . and loss.

I hold myself not to tear up, especially when Shoyo is trying to convince everyone that he can still jump. He still has the determination, but his body can't last anymore.

Then a tearful apology. For letting everyone down.

Please don't cry, Sunshine!!! You're making us all cry, too!

And being the best senpai, Tanaka-san picks his kouhai fast. Even Kei did so, with sneering manner, of course. Then Yuu-senpai with his unwavering optimism. The others, too, are choosing the right words to make the Sunshine feel light. Tadashi's support through actions; Koushi-senpai with his refreshing smile; Azumane-senpai with his gentle, encouraging expression; Captain Daichi and Takeda-sensei existence who always know what to say; and Tobio's significant words to remind Shoyo their rivalry and friendship.

I want to go see him, but he's with Hitoka right now.

The game continues, without Shoyo. It puts the team into a test. Karasuno has a creed that resonates in the middle of a dissonance.

The gut feeling I have before has laid its answers. The Karasuno team lost.

All of them are the epitome of brave souls. None of them shed a tear. They have kept their heads high.

Including the third-years. I heard their stories from Kei, and this match is their last. I'm emotional the whole time, and I got even more emotional when they took their final bow—their farewell.