13 - Club

One time, while I am reviewing my pointers for my supplementary exam tomorrow inside our room, everyone are noisy. Some are talking about anime and stuff, some are fangirling about those English bands, and some about sports, fashions, and many more to mention.

Gahh. Why am I here?

I also notice Rie, she's just reading her book despite the polluted surroundings.

The reason why everyone are having fun is because my homeroom teacher announced that there will be a faculty meeting this morning and leave us students here without doing. And later afternoon, there will be club activities.

Kei is behind me, probably he doesn't care about all this, listening to his music preference will be enough for him. Tadashi left, I heard that he will help to tutor Tobio and Hinata with Hitoka.

I sigh out of frustration. I need a peaceful and silent environment. Only one place: the library.

Okay, it is decided. I put my stuff inside my bag and am ready to go. Standing up from my seat, I head outside the room.

The library is located on other building, just next to this main building. I hope there are few students around. I clutch my stuff and fasten my pace with my head tilted down.

A sigh of relief escapes through my lips as I reach the library. I slide the door open the and peer inside.

There is nothing to be surprised here, because this place is already an epitome of silence since then, yet the disappointing part is no students are in here, except a lady carrying a stack of books while carefully handling them.

"Uhm . . . excuse me?" I prompt and the lady quickly squirms and jumps in terrible fright that causes her to lose focus on balancing the book and falls down on her hips with a thud along the books.

"Oh, my gosh, no!" my quick reaction as I go near her.

"W-W-Wahhhh! I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry!!" the girl says full of panic as she kneels down, asking for forgiveness with her head bows down.

I am dumbfounded for a moment with my lips quivering, finding for words to calm her.

"N-No . . ." I say and try to pick the books instead, "My sudden visitation should have surprised you, so I am sorry." and I stack the books again properly.

The girl shyly nods her head to gaze at me, but remove it briefly. "S-Sorry also . . . b-because I a-acted that way." and replies back sheepishly.

I check her appearances first. She have a black hair, tied with twin tails braided in Dutch style, and her bangs can cover her eyes. She also wears a round-framed eyeglasses.

Hah . . . A typical type of nerdy school girl that fits to be in a library.

"Erm . . . are you the in-charge here?" I question her, hoping to break the tension into asking her about some informations.

"Y-Yes . . ." she answers, pushing her eyeglasses shyly.

My face lits up with a smile, "Nice to meet you, I'm Yukizome."

I see her biting her lower lip as she looks at me, "H-Hello . . . I'm Saika Akizuki, the student librarian."

"Nice," I comment, still having my smile, "Oh, by the way, are you okay? You fell not that bad, were you?"

"Y-Yes," Saika waves her hands, signing that she's fine. "It doesn't hurt that much."

"Thank goodness." I sigh in relief and I'm stand up. I offer my hands to help her stand and she gladly accepts it. "And let me help you with these books."