30 - The Cosmos Within

Noise. Noise. Noise.

Noises on the outside.

Noises from my classmates.

I can't focus.

Endless noises.

I just want the noises to stop.

To not listen to any sound.

To.

Any.

Noise.

I need peace.

But the noises are everywhere.

The rings are in my head again.

I only cover my ears and plump my head on my desk.

Then there's a tap.

Then a silence.

"Are you doing all right?"

I sit up straight, slowly and feebly, facing the guy behind me. I say to him, "I'm fine, just thinking about something."

"What something?"

"Something pain in the ass." Then I laugh at my own comment. What a dumb thing to say.

Kei remains silent, having a judging disdain on his face as his gaze locked on mine. He must be weirded by me. Then he sighs shortly, shaking his head. I only grin at him as my response and face forward.

Classes start, eventually. While the teachers are discussing in front, I'm just sketching out some concepts on my notes. Concepts are something that doesn't come so easily. It takes time, and I feel like I'm losing time.

Time is infinite.

So they say. But there are some theories too, stating that time is constructed. Humans created the meaning of time, to measure and record a day. The time I am given is just a physical representation that my time is limited. They've set date, if I didn't comply, everything will be nulled.

I have to finish this project as soon as I can. I'm expected to create an innovation in order to be accepted in the university my Mom pertained about.

I'm just writing down any specific inspiration I have in my mind, and I'll do the process of elimination when I ran out of ideas.

The morning class has finished, and the noise came back. I sigh. Those noises are like buzzing mosquitos near my ears and I want to give them a hard whack to dispatch the noises and restore the calm.

Lunch break . . . I usually spend the lunchtime with Kei and Tadashi. And in most days, we're with Hitoka, Shoyo, and Tobio. Like the saying: 'The crows that flock together, stay together.'

Fair enough.

As we all eat, Shoyo has this gloomy expression while eating his food. He's munching fast and his cheeks are puffed like a squirrel. It's a rare sight to see him this downcasted. He shouldn't pout to food no matter what.

I put my yogurt drink down and extend my arms towards Shoyo. He hasn't noticed my hand, because he's too occupied with his thoughts. Abruptly and surprisingly, I pinch his cheeks hard!

"Ah! Aw, ow, ow! R-Raine-chan, it hurts!" he cries.

I never mind, just squeezing his fluffy cheeks that's now colored in scarlet. I only let his cheeks go once I see him tearing up. I say as I chuckle, "Sorry, Shoyo, I can't help. Though you're having a long face, you still look adorable."

"Don't mind him, Yukizome-san," Tobio states while drinking his favorite milk beverage.

Tadashi softly laughs, "He's been sulking ever since the announcement."