Chapter 9. "The New Generation?"

Start from the beginning

"I see. But not for me, huh?" The immortal asked as he blinked.

"No, not really." King shook his head, shrugging as he did, "But my sister cares a lot about the two of you."

Guila's loud explosion sounded before the visible crystals fell everywhere, the area around her filled with dust.

The Holy Knight lowered her rapier to her side, a confident grin on her lips, "Your betrayal is not entirely unexpected. However, I do find myself disappointed, King the Grizzly Sin." Guila stated, holding her hand out as she explained.

Meliodas and Y/n looked back and forth between them, sitting down as they felt like there was too much talking.

King shrugged, tilting his head to the side as he held his hands delicately behind his back, "Well, that's an unexpected thing to say to me. I didn't ever swear I would be your life long partner."

He took a few steps further down his spear, which had yet to move from Ban's chest. Ban stood with his hands on his hips as he listened to the boy behind him, "The realm wanted to defeat the Seven Deadly Sins, and I wanted to see Ban destroyed." He held his hands up as there was nothing he could do, "Our interests were temporarily aligned, that's all. But that's no longer the case."

"Blah, blah, bloody blah!" Ban started in a complaining tone, "I'm tired of you talkin' behind my back." He complained, shaking his head.

"Poor King." Guila giggled, lifting her spear, "An entirely predictable excuse." She said as she slowly moved her rapier, small, explosive balls appearing around it, "SHOT BOMB!"

Y/n clapped her hands like a little kid when King lazily waved his hand forward, refilling Ban's mouth with blood as Chastifol finally teared completely through him and towards the Holy Knight, blocking the many explosions by the simple wave of a hand.

The dust cleared, revealing King's Chastifol to slowly stop spinning in front of him.

"How magnificent... The Spirit Spear Chastifol, forged from the Holy Tree located in the Fairy realm." Guila listed as it pointed at her, "This should make things a bit more interesting. Feel free to attack me all-on-one." Guila smiled as she readied her rapier.

"No." King shook his head as he levitated forward with his weapon above him, "One-on-one will do." He announced, making the Holy Knight tilt her head to the side, "Seriously?"

A fully healed Ban took his seat beside Y/n, placing his head in her lap. Y/n automatically began combing through his hair, not taking her eyes off the scene before them.

However, the blonde beside her frowned at their actions, sending a glare down at the immortal. He shook his head lightly, getting rid of his thoughts as he looked back up, "Alright, King! Go for it!"

"You know I'll kick your ass if you lose!" Ban's loud voice came out more relaxed as he leaned into Y/n's hand.

Guila scoffed, "As you wish. So, whenever you're rea-" She didn't get to finish her sentence before King's spear had passed her, cutting her cheek open.

"Now that's no good. Try to dodge a little." King told the Holy Knight, retracting his fingers, his Sacred Treasure blast down at Guila, only for her to be thrown away by the power of it piercing through the ground.