Chapter 7: Nightmares

Chapter 7 

Lindsay's POV

I laid in my bed, staring at the clock. 6:49 pm. I buried my face into my pillow, not wanting to get up. Couldn't our plane leave later? Me and the boys were heading off for our first show today... in Florida. I pulled myself out of bed and dragged myself into my bathroom, stubbing my toe on the four neatly stacked suitcases by the door. 

I took a quick shower and got out. I blow dried my hair, letting my curls fall naturally. I put on some skinny jeans, a tank top, a scarf, and a sweater. My phone began ringing in the living room. I dove from my sitting position on my bed and into the living room. I could hear the ringing coming from the couch so I dug into the cushions. I grabbed the thin piece of technology and pressed the phone to my ear. 

"We're here. Are you ready?" his husky voice bled through the speaker and into my ear. 

"Umm, yeah. Be down in like 5 minutes." 

I grabbed my purse and did a double check of everything in the apartment. Claire had left for her morning classes so we said our goodbyes the night before. I grabbed the many suitcases and headed out the door, locking it behind me. 

I walked into the lobby of my apartment building and waved at the front desk. I walked out the door into the cold air, making me shiver. I was greeted by Paul, who kindly took my bags and instructed me to get into the van. 

I hopped into the van to be greeted by five smiling faces. The only seat available was next to Harry. I took my seat next to the curly haired boy and buckled myself in. My hand brushed against Harry's thigh, sending butterflies swarming in my stomach. How many times am I gonna have to be tortured by these butterflies from him? I quickly sat forward. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Harry with a huge grin on his face. 

The van began to move once we were all buckled in. 

-----

We couldn't take a normal plane cause, well, they're One Direction. Pretty sure they'd get mauled. The private jet was nice. It was just us. 

We all took our seats around and I fell asleep to the sound of the boys sweet laughter.

The dark road was rushing by us quickly. I looked to my left to see my dad air drumming and singing to 'Cold As Ice' by Foreigner. His out of tune voice made me laugh. I joined in with him, purposely singing terribly. My dad took a right down a dark country road. The road began to hit the wind shield harder. Trees shadowed the road. The only light was the random lightning in the sky. I stopped singing when I thought I saw something dark lying in the middle of the road. As we got closer, I could see I was right, but it was too late to say anything. Our car hit the dark object, causing it to flip. The world around me began to spin, causing me to want to throw up. I could feel the shards of glass from the windows cutting my back. The car finally stopped spinning. My head was pounding. I attempted to move but pain shot through my leg causing me to scream in agony. I looked over to my dad who unconscious. I attempted to scream but nothing came out. I pressed the emergency help button on the dashboard of the car. A woman came on the speakers, which were unfortunately blown. All I could hear was "Help... on it's way." I closed my eyes as a tear rolled down my cheek. I could feel the pouring rain starting to make it's way into the upside down car. I laced my hand into my unconscious dad's hand. It was ice cold. I cried more but began to feel light headed and dizzy. My eyelids began to feel heavy and I passed out to the sight of flashing blue and red lights. 

I shot up out of my seat. The plane was dark and the boys were all asleep. Beads of sweat were covering my face from the nightmare I just experienced. I whipped out of my seatbelt and chair and ran into the bathroom. 

I stared at my distraught self in the mirror. My hair was messy and my makeup was smeared under my eyes. I broke down into tears immediately. I was crying over my dad's death for the first time in a year. 

I heard a faint knock on the door but I couldn't stop my sobbing. 

"Lindsay? Are you okay?"

Harry. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said inbetween sobs, trying to catch my breath. 

"It doesn't sound like you're okay. I'm coming in, cover yourself up!" 

The pain in my chest was too much to bear. I turned around and flew into Harry's arms. He wrapped his around me and placed a gentle kiss on my temple. I cried into his shirt, forming a small puddle on the soft material. He sat me down on the ground and then pulled me tighter in his arms. 

He didn't ask any questions. He just held me and I felt safe in his arms. 

-----

Harry's POV

I flung open the door to make sure she was okay. I could hear her sobs from my seat on the plane. She flew into my arms and began sobbing, soaking my tshirt. 

She seemed so broken. I didn't want to ask. I placed a gentle kiss on her head. I sat her down on the ground and her crawl deeper into my arms. I held her close. A sense of wanting to protect her came over me. I squeezed her tiny body tighter. 

Eventually, she stopped in my arms and she fell asleep in my arms. I was able to wiggle myself out of her embrace to stand. Once I was on my feet, I scooped her into my arms and placed her back in her seat. I gently laid a blanket over her. I sat in the seat next to her. I laid back and watched as her wet eyelashes fluttered. I laced my fingers into hers, letting her know that I was there for her. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I finally wrote chapter 7! only took me 2 months! :O I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think. VOTE, COMMENT, and FAN! xx

Go check out my best friend's story, The New Member. Her wattpad name is greeneyes16loves1D.