Chapter 24: For The First Time

Chapter 24

Lindsay's POV 

"Lindsay, are you okay?" Harry's voice echoed through the bathroom door. 

"Yeah, I'm almost done." I responded. Harry had almost insisted on helping me change, but I didn't want him to. He hadn't seen me naked since before the accident. I was embarrassed.

 I slipped the hospital gown off my body and onto the floor. I stared at myself in the mirror. The scars ran down my stomach. I could see my ribs because of my condition. My eyes had heavy, dark bags underneath them. I looked gross and I hated it. I was weak and sore all the time. I was helpless. Worst of all, I hated what I was putting Harry through. I was ruining his life, putting him through unbearable pain. I could tell I didn't have much time left. I didn't want to die, but no one could do anything. 

I pulled the sweatshirt and leggings out of my bag laying on the floor. I slipped the sweatshirt over my head. I sat on the toilet, unable to balance on my own without getting nauseus, and slipped on the leggings. My fuzzy pink socks overlapped the ends of them. A sudden cold breeze ran over me and I pulled my sleeves over my hands and wrapped my arms around chest, hugging myself. I stared at myself in the mirror once again and sighed. 

"I guess this is as good as it's going to get." I whispered to myself. 

I could see the door behind me open. I whipped around but quickly became dizzy. My vision started to go blurry and I could feel myself becoming unbalanced. I could feel my body falling over, but I couldn't stop myself. 

Arms suddenly wrapped around me, holding me close to their chest. My vision started to clear up but I had a pounding headache. I looked up at the figure holding me and smiled when I recognized the head of curls. 

"Baby!" He tried to get my attention. My vision was still a little blurry. Harry put his hands under my back and legs, picking me up bridal style, and carrying me out of the bathroom. He placed me on the hospital bed and kneeled before me, keeping his hands on my knees. My vision became clear and I could see his face perfectly. His brow was furrowed and I could see the worry in his face. He grabbed my face between his hands, staring me in the eyes. "Do I need to get a nurse?" 

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine." I added a sense of sterness, trying to hint to Harry to drop it. "Can we please just go? I can't stand it here anymore." I whispered. 

He nodded and stood up, towering over me. My head wasn't pounding as badly and I stood as well. 

"I'm gonna go check you out. I'll be back." He said, placing a kiss on my forehead. 

After a couple of minutes, a nurse walked into the room with a wheelchair with Harry right behind her. 

"Ms. Warren," the nurse spoke, "you're ready to leave." She smiled at me. Her smile seemed different. Like it wasn't a happy smile. Then it hit me. She knew that I wasn't coming back. That she wasn't going to see me again. I frowned at the thought. I could see Harry's eyebrow furrow behind her as he saw my expression. 

I began to stand up and Harry rushed over to my side, grabbing my arm to hold me up. He walked me over the wheelchair and helped me sit into it. He draped a blanket over my legs and placed my bag in my lap and took the handles of the wheelchair, pushing me towards the exit. 

The automatic doors slid open, exposing my skin to the fresh air. My hair blew back off my shoulders as the breeze drifted past me. Harry pushed me over towards a black car. A driver climbed out of the driver's seat and I recognized him as Jim, the same guy who drove me to the hotel after the concert. 

"Hello, Lindsay." Jim slightly waved as he opened the back seat door. Harry grabbed the bag from my lap and placed it on the ground in the car. He turned around and smiled down at me. He took the blanket from my lap and draped it over my shoulders. He leaned down and picked me up, placing me in the backseat. I slid over so he could slide in as well. 

Jim got into the driver's seat and started the car. We began to drive out of the parking lot. I leaned my head against the cool window. My head was pounding from my incident earlier and the cold surface made it feel a bit better. Harry's hand slipped into mine, making me jump at first. His warm skin against mine gave me comfort and I gripped it tighter. I lifted my head from the window and turned my body towards Harry. I laid my head down into his lap. His fingers ran through my hair, stroking it gently. 

"Thank you, Harry, for never leaving my side." I whispered.

"I could never." 

...

"Lindsay? Baby? Wake up." Harry slowly shook my body. I opened my eyes to see him hovering over me. I rubbed my eyes, trying to make my vision clear. I sat up and the sight outside the car window made me gasp. 

The sun shined bright onto the sand covered beach. The sounds of seagulls filled the air and I could practically smell the ocean. Palm trees swayed in the breeze and white, fluffy clouds floated in the vibrant blue sky. 

Harry helped me out of the car and I stood up, taking in the beautiful scenery. 

"Where are we? You said we were going home." 

"I lied. It's my family beach house." He gestured towards small house sitting on the beach. It was gorgeous. It had baby blue siding and dark blue shudders. "Do you wanna go walk a little bit?" He asked. I nodded in excitement. I slid my socks off my feet and threw them into my bag. Harry helped me down the steps of the pier. My feet slid into the sand, seeping into my toes. The sand was soft and warm against my feet. The water flowed up onto the beach, running over my feet, washing the sand away. 

Harry walked me towards the beach house. He unlocked the front door and pushed it open. The inside was the same color as the outside. Pictures pervaded the walls. I glanced at a picture hanging on the wall of a baby. I smiled as I admired the picture.

"That's me." Harry said pointing to the picture of the baby. 

"You were adorable." I teased. 

Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and placed his chin on my shoulder. Harry had done all of this for me. All I wanted to do was get out of the hospital and Harry took it to the extreme. 

Even though I knew what was going to happen soon, for the first time in a while, the moment seemed...

Perfect. 

_________________________________________

ANOTHER CHAPTER!!! xxx

Hope you all enjoyed it! Please, fan, like, and comment! (:

Love you all!