Chapter 21: More Tests

Chapter 21

Lindsay's POV

Harry's arms wrapped tightly around me as he slowly rocked me back and forth, calming my breathing. I let out another whimper as a shock of pain surged through my body. The flashes of the nightmare still lingered in my mind. The sight of the car flipping. The sight of my motionless father laying next to me.

Harry only tightened his arms around me. I could tell how cautious and gentle he was trying to be so he wouldn't bring me anymore pain. My body still ached.

I had had nightmares before about my dad's accident but nothing like this. I had never physically lashed out in my sleep.

"Harry?" I whispered.

"Mmmmm?" He hummed. I could feel the vibrations from his chest in my ear.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. My voice trailing off, afraid of what his reaction may be. Harry slowly sat me up, holding onto my shoulder with a firm grip. I winced at the slight movement, but it quickly passed. He looked me in the eyes, his green eyes piercing into mine. His brow furrowed.

"About what, love?"

"Bringing you into this." I whispered, about to break into sobs. I turned my head, unable to look at him. He didn't deserve the pain and trouble this mess was giving him. I never wanted any of this to end up like this. He let go of one of my shoulders and placed his fingers underneath my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"I love you, Lindsay." My eyes widened and I snapped my head back to meet his gaze, ignoring the pain now running down my spine. He smiled one of his cheeky smiles, his dimples showing. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, making me feel like I did when I first met him. I began to stare at him and I giggled, taking in his beautiful features.

"I love you, too, Harry." I whispered. His smile grew bigger, making his dimples more prominent.

I leaned down and laid my head back on his chest, his arms securely wrapping around me. He traced his fingers up and down my spine, sending chills throughout my body, practically erasing any signs of pain.

I smiled as he began to trace patterns on my lower back.

The moment ended all too soon as Dr. Wallace walked into the room.

He cleared his throat. "Sorry, for interrupting, but I need to talk to both of you." I could feel Harry nod against my head and the doctor continued. "After you were awoken from your nightmare, we checked all the tests we ran on you earlier. We realized that something seems different and since the tests were before your surgery we'd like to run them again, just to check." He flashed a reassuring smile our way, but it didn't convince me. It had a slight sense of worry in it like he wasn't telling us everything. I could feel Harry's body tense under me and I figured he felt the same way.

I interlaced my fingers in his, attempting to get him to relax. I looked up at him and flashed him a slight smile.

...

Harry's POV

More tests. More tests for Lindsay to be poked and scanned. I didn't want her going through anymore of that. The doctor walked in the room and told us it was time for her tests.

I stood to my feet and whipped around, catching Lindsay as she attempted to get up on her own. She flashed me a sheepish smile. She hadn't walked much, just to the bathroom and back.

Her hand locked with mine and my other hand slid around her hip trying to keep her up. I could tell she was trying to keep herself up as much as she could on her own but it was using all her energy. I placed a gentle kiss on top of her head.