109

may 9th

jaeden had just arrived outside of jack's house. it was a very warm and sunny day, and he knew jack was home because he wasn't with any of their friends, and his mom's car was in the driveway. jaeden knew damn well that something was wrong, for many different reasons, and the fact that jack was inside on such a nice day was one of them.

jaeden gave a knock on the door, afterwards waiting for a moment on the front porch. it wasn't long until jack's mother opened the door up, smiling at the sight of jaeden.

"hey jaeden!" she said excitedly, causing jaeden to smile back.

"hey angela," jaeden started, trying to mimic the mood she had as best as he could. "is jack home?"

"yeah!" angela started with a nod. "come on in." she said as she opened the door a little wider, and gestured jaeden inside. he nodded with a smile on his face before stepping inside the house. angela closed the door behind him, before speaking once again. "he's just up in his room."

"cool, thanks." jaeden said, before making his way to the staircase and up the stairs. after he made it up the stairs, he went straight for jack's bedroom door, giving a soft knock on the door.

after he knocked, he heard a sniffle come from jack, before jack started speaking.

"yeah?" jack asked, inviting jaeden to open the door, to which jaeden did. when jaeden did open the door, he saw jack laying on his bed, wrapped in blankets and a hoodie that he knew was finn's.

"oh god." jaeden said, before closing the door behind himself and walking over to jack. jack sat up as jaeden approached him and sat down next to him on his bed. "are you okay?" jaeden simply asked, because he knew that jack knew that jaeden knew what happened. jack shook his head before more tears streamed down his face. jaeden did nothing but pull jack into a hug, to comfort him.

"it was so bad. it ended so bad." jack said amongst his sobs, as jaeden just continued to hold onto him. seeing jack the way he was made jaeden sad as well, for many different reasons.

jaeden knew that this situation was going to change the entire aspect of their friendships with the kids from canada. he knew that nothing was gonna be the same after this, and that jack and finn probably weren't even gonna speak again for a little while. jaeden had hope that jack and finn would fix the problem that occurred, but he knew deep down that wasn't a possibility for a little while.

"don't worry, everything's gonna be okay, i promise." jaeden spoke in a soft voice. he didn't let go of jack, because he knew that this was the comfort that jack needed at a time like this. he felt jack nod within the hug, so he kept talking. "do you wanna talk about it?" he asked, pulling away to face jack just for a second. jack shook his head, before looking down at his hands and thinking of a response.

"not really." jack said with a sigh. jaeden nodded, and there was a moment of silence before jack started speaking again. "i was being so stupid about it, though."

"who initiated it?" jaeden asked, causing jack to sigh again before looking up. his eyes were puffy and he had tear stains on his cheeks. the way jack looked absolutely broke jaeden's heart, because he knew he hadn't seen jack like that since before he met finn.

"we were fighting," jack started as another tear fell down his cheek. "he suggested it, i said the words. heat of the moment shit." jack shrugged, his voice started to crack as he said the words.

jaeden nodded in response. he was incredibly sad as well about the break up, although he knew it was probably the best thing for now and the circumstances that jack and finn's relationship was in. the way that jack and finn were such long distance and both going to separate universities in 2 different countries, he knew that it was rough for both finn and jack as it was. he knew that maybe, just maybe, this could benefit them more at a time like now than what were to happen if they stayed together.

sadie was walking down the driveway of finn's house, approaching the front door. there was no cars in the driveway except for her own, so she knew that nobody from finn's family was at the house. however, she knew finn well enough to know that he was at his house. when she got up to the front door, she gave a loud knock so it could be heard throughout the house. sadie waited at the door for a moment, although there was no answer, so she knocked again.

once again, no answer. but she knew finn was there, and she wasn't going to leave without seeing if finn was okay. she knocked on the door once more, but when the door didn't open once again, she resorted to her other idea.

"finn! come on, just open the door! i know you're there!" she yelled through the door. the door didn't open once again, so she gave another knock before yelling through the door again. "finn!"

finally, after many attempts of trying, the door opened to reveal finn in the doorway. finn stood in the doorway looking like a mess. his curls were a mess, his eyes were puffy and red, he was wearing pyjamas still despite it being almost 4pm, and his nose was runny.

"oh my god, are you okay?" sadie asked when he opened the door. finn shrugged, and avoided the question before responding.

"why are you here, sadie?" he asked. "why didn't you just text me?"

"did you and jack break up?" sadie asked, almost completely ignoring finn from before.

"is it really necessary for you to come all the way to my house to question mine and jack's relationship? you could've texted me or called, or something." finn said. he seemed annoyed that sadie was standing at his door, but sadie didn't care at all.

"you wouldn't have answered, finn. look, i know something happened, just please tell me." she responded, causing finn to sigh. all he did was give a nod as tears filled his eyes, which caused sadie to step inside and pull him into a hug.

"it was so bad, sadie." finn said amongst the hug, causing sadie to hold him tighter.

"it's gonna be okay." sadie said in a soft voice, before pulling away to face finn. "do you wanna talk about it?" she asked, to which finn nodded.

and so he did. they sat on finn's staircase and talked about it. finn told the whole story, and ranted about so many different things involved in the story, and sadie listened. they sat on the staircase for probably just about 2 hours, as finn just talked about it and cried.

but just like jaeden, sadie knew that it was probably for the better at a time like this, but no matter what, she knew that it was gonna all come back in the end.

and for the sake of finn and jack's happiness, that's what she kept telling herself.