82

finn and jack on imessage

jack: FINN
jack: FINN
jack: FINN

finn: WHAT

jack: I JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM UCLA
jack: DID YOU GET YOURS YET???

finn: DAMN ALREADY????
finn: I DIDNT EXPECT THEM TO START SENDING THEM ALREADY
finn: LET ME CHECK

jack: I HOPE YOU DID BECAUSE I REALLY WANNA OPEN MINE

finn: OMFG I DID
finn: FACETIME ME

jack: OKAY

finn stood in his kitchen, with his laptop open to his emails on the kitchen counter. it wasn't long before finn start receiving a facetime call from jack, to which he answered on his phone.

"hi!" finn said, while setting his phone up against his laptop screen. both finn and jack were extremely excited (and nervous) to open their emails, as their futures as individuals and a couple relied on these emails.

"are you ready?" jack asked excitedly. finn felt butterflies all through his stomach as he moved his mouse to hover over the email.

"as ready as i'll ever be." finn said with a sigh. "let's countdown?" he asked jack, to which jack nodded.

"3." jack started, as finn felt the anticipation level rise in his body.

"2." finn spoke softly, almost starting to have a panic attack as his computer mouse still hovered over the email.

"1!"

both boys clicked open the email at the same time, both reading the emails they had received.

Dear, Mr. Wolfhard.

Thank you for taking your time to apply to University of California, Los Angeles. It was an extremely hard pick of students for the fall semester, and we think your application was very well written. However, we regret to inform you that we were not able to offer you a spot at UCLA this fall, and encourage you to try another school that will better fit your chosen major...

"oh my god! i got in!" jack excitedly said, just after finn had finished reading the first part of his email.

"really?" finn responded, excited as well. although he felt pretty sad and shitty that he didn't get in, he was excited that jack had gotten into his own dream school.

"yes! did you?" jack asked in response. finn wasn't sure what to say, as he knew the answer was gonna disappoint jack just as much as it disappointed himself.

"uh, no, i didn't." finn said with a sigh, before closing the email tab on his laptop and starting to shut it down.

"aw, really?" jack responded sadly, to which finn nodded.

"it's okay though," finn said with a shrug, before lifting his phone off the computer screen and giving a shrug. "it's just a little while longer until we can be together."

"don't worry, we'll get through it." jack said with a sad smile on his face, which caused finn to smile as well.

bet u weren't expecting that, huh?

(sorry the email was written so weirdly i have NO IDEA how uni emails are)