45

finn felt the plane land as a song by the 1975 softly played in his earbuds. he looked out the window and saw the plane slowing down on the runway. his excitement and nerves were both through the roof as the plane came to a full stop.

he waited for the seatbelt light to turn off before unbuckling himself. he stood up with his phone in his pocket and his earbuds still in, as he grabbed his carry-on and waited for his turn to exit the plane.

when he left the plane, he walked along the line leading him into the airport, walking inside to the lax airport.

finn took his phone out of his pocket, seeing the time was 10:27am. wyatt and his mother would be picking him up sometime within the next 30 minutes.

when finn got inside the airport, his first task was to find the baggage claim and get the rest of his stuff. it didn't take long until finn found the baggage claim, but it took quite a bit until his suitcase showed up and he grabbed it off the belt.

finn took his phone out of his pocket, turning it off airplane mode and seeing texts coming in. one being from wyatt telling finn where to meet him.

the location where wyatt wanted to meet was close to finn, so as finn was walking to the outside location he checked his other texts.

it was only a few from his mom, other notifications just being instagram, snapchat and various social media sites.

finn made it outside to where wyatt wanted to meet, and he sat down at a nearby bench. 20 minutes had passed since finn last checked the time on his phone before getting his bag, meaning wyatt could arrive any minute.

finn turned off his music, and put his phone in his pocket, taking out his earbuds as well. he was nervous for the next few hours, so to deal with his nerves he decided to pace his breathing while focusing on his shoes.

it was only a couple minutes until finn heard someone yell his name in the distance. he looked up in the direction the person called from and saw wyatt across the street. he excitedly waved until finn smiled and waved back.

wyatt walked across the street to where finn was, as finn stood up to greet wyatt.

"hey!" wyatt said excitedly as him and finn quickly hugged.

"hey! what's up?" finn responded, starting a conversation between him and wyatt as they walked to where wyatt's mom was parked.

after finding wyatt's mom, they got in the car and talked the entire ride back to the area they lived in. however, as planned, before going back to wyatt's house, they stopped at their school to pick up jaeden.

the back windows were tinted, making it easier for finn to not be seen, so he was able to observe out the window.

the first time finn saw jack was through the tinted window of the car. they were at the front of their school, as class seemed to had just gotten out.

jack was standing and talking with jaeden and sophia. it was a surreal experience for finn, as he was speechless from jack's prettiness as well as just seeing him in general.

"wow," finn said quietly under his breath, however it was loud enough for wyatt to hear.

"are you staring at jack?" wyatt ended with a giggle. finn nodded before realizing he had to say something, as wyatt could not see his nod from the front seat.

"should i not be?" finn asked wyatt, as he felt his heart pace speed up from still watching jack through the window.

"stare however long you want, thats your boyfriend!" wyatt responded excitedly, as finn's heart started racing when wyatt said 'boyfriend'.