85

march 21st
9:32am

finn woke up to a knock on his bedroom door. at first, he wasn't sure who it was, as he knew his mother wouldn't be making an attempt to talk to him. they were still not communicating with each other past what they needed to say, from the pictures she saw after finn's christmas trip. before finn could think of who it was, the door opened just a second after the knock, to reveal sadie in the doorway with a huge smile on her face. finn jokingly rolled his eyes at the sight of her, before turning over in his bed.

"what are you doing here? and why are you here so fucking early?" finn asked, closing his eyes once again and nearly falling back asleep in just a second.

"i told you!" sadie started, walking into finn's bedroom and closing the door behind herself. "i'm here to get you so i can take you somewhere and show you something." she said with a big smile still on her face.

"yeah, but why so early?" finn repeated in a tired voice. "i thought you were gonna let me know when you were coming."

"and i did." sadie said, causing finn to open his eyes and turn back around. "do you not check your phone in the morning?"

"no, because i just woke up!" finn said with a laugh before grabbing his phone, seeing a few notifications, one being a text from sadie just 20 minutes before. "alright, so where are we going?" finn asked, turning his phone off and putting it on his bedside table.

"i'm not telling you, it's a surprise! and you can shower if you want before we go, we have time." sadie smiled, walking over to the chair at finn's desk and sitting down in it. finn jokingly sighed in response, before making an attempt to get up.

it took finn a couple minutes to get out of bed, but when he did, he got up and took a shower. while also getting ready in the bathroom after his shower, as sadie waited in his desk chair while on her phone, receiving updates from people in the groupchat about their whereabouts.

when finn was finished getting ready, he returned to his room grabbing his phone and his wallet, just in case he needed it as he didn't know where they were going. finn wasn't sure if he needed to take a bag, or if taking his wallet was even too much. he thought about it for a moment, before sadie distracted him.

"are you ready?" she asked, to which finn nodded, before looking around in his bedroom to see if there was anything else that he needed.

"do i need anything else?" finn asked, looking back to sadie as she thought for a moment. she looked around the room as well, seeing nothing that stood out that he would've needed. she knew that they were just going straight to the hotel, and all he really needed was his wallet if they planned to go out later, but nothing else at the moment.

"no, i think you'll be good with just those." she responded with a smile, which caused finn to nod before she started speaking again. "but, i don't want you to know where we're going, so i'm gonna have to blindfold you after we get into the car."

"jesus christ." finn responded, while playfully rolling his eyes and putting his wallet and phone into the pocket of the blue hoodie he was wearing. "where the hell are we going?"

"surprise." she simply responded with a smile, before walking out of finn's bedroom and down the stairs towards the front door. finn laughed, and followed sadie down the stairs. when they got to the front door of finn's house, they put on their shoes before leaving the house, closing the door behind themselves.

they walked down the driveway to sadie's car, and when they got there, sadie unlocked both the doors and they both opened them up and sat down inside. the first thing sadie did was grab a fabric blindfold from the glove compartment, and wrap it around finn's head to cover his eyes. sadie didn't want finn to know where they were driving, so he couldn't clue into the plan in the middle before they even got to the hotel, so she came up with the idea of the blindfold.