52

it was the day before finn's 18th birthday. the time was just past 4pm as jack and finn were driving to wyatt's house. wyatt's parents were gone for the night, so he wanted the whole friend group to hang out.

jack was driving as finn had his phone connected on the aux cord and was flipping through songs. they had previously been downtown los angeles from not really wanting to have been in long beach all day.

the music they listened to consisted of different songs by harry styles, one direction, girl in red, the 1975, never shout never, lany, lorde and troye sivan.  they yelled the lyrics to the songs as they drove from downtown los angeles back to long beach.

after a while drive, they arrived back in long beach, specifically at wyatt's house. they got out of jack's car which he pulled into the driveway of the house, and made their way to the front door. instead of knocking, jack opened the already unlocked door and walked inside like it was his own house. after he did, finn followed jack inside with a slight giggle to himself as well as closing the door behind himself.

they walked inside to wyatt's house and into the living room and kitchen area being greeted by the rest of the group. wyatt and jaeden were sitting on the loveseat, wyatt's arm around jayden, as they talked to sophia on the couch as chosen and jeremy were sitting and talking in the kitchen.

"aye, they showed up!" jaeden said excitedly when jack and finn had walked into the room, from being unsure if they were going to show up. although they planned to hang out, finn and jack weren't sure if they were gonna make it back to long beach in time to hang out for a while. jaeden's words earned a laugh from jack and finn as well as sophia and wyatt.

they both sat on the couch next to sophia, as they joined the conversation with sophia, jaeden and wyatt. they talked for a little bit, until chosen and jeremy came from the kitchen and greeted jack and finn. all 7 of them talked for a while, when out of the blue, wyatt suggested they should do karaoke.

"you know, if i remember correctly," chosen started after wyatt had mentioned the karaoke idea. "i happen to recall a time where jack and finn promised to do karaoke to gotta go my own way if finn ever came here, and here we are." chosen's memory got a laugh from everyone in the group, as jack and finn agreed again.

wyatt set up the karaoke app on his tv with the speakers and microphones, however when they searched up high school musical there was many songs on there, but gotta go my own way wasnt one.

"is the promise still fulfilled if we do a different song?" finn asked as they flipped through the list. "oh my god," he started, turning to jack. "can we please sing breaking free?" finn asked excitedly. jack giggled at finn's excitement, but agreed as there was more chances for both of them to sing. "i call being troy!" finn nearly yelled excitedly once again.

"wow, you're really making me be gabriella," jack joked in a fake mad tone as everyone in the group laughed at jack's statement.

"jack, have you met yourself?" wyatt said with a laugh. "out of everyone here, you're most likely to be gabriella." wyatt spoke again, causing another laugh from everyone.

they started the karaoke version, and as the music started, finn slightly laughed at himself in his head, but he went along with it when the first lyrics came on the screen.

they sang along with the lyrics, that they both obviously already knew. while singing the song, they were both having fun singing and dancing around, and the 5 watching really enjoyed as well.

"we're breaking free!"

"we're soaring,"

"flying"