Chapter 21

-Spiros' POV-

"Here's the blueprint I want it done exactly like this," I said to the workmen I had hired to help me expand the cabin. 

"Yes sir" The men answered in unison. 

"Alright get started" I ordered waving my hand towards their trucks and materials. 

Watching them walk to their trucks my thoughts turned back to yesterday when I found out I was having three cubs. I needed to make sure my cubs came home to a safe place and expand the cabin as Myself and Kenji were discussing having office spaces in our home. 

We had decided to add an art studio for Kenji, A workout room for me,  a playroom, two spare bedrooms, another bathroom and We were turning the original spare room into a nursery. 

The workers would be working until 6 pm and then leave for the day as I had to go to work. I had them aiming to get everything done in two to three months. I had hired a lot of workers and I was paying them handsomely. I had quite a bit of money which was supplemented by Kenji's work for the game company. 

"Sir, we are ready to get started, is the house empty" The workmen's boss came up and asked his hand resting on the hammer in his tool belt. 

"Yes my mate has gone shopping with his mom and our surrogate to get clothes for our cubs" I answered. 

After I had confirmed no-one was in the house the boss gave the go-ahead for the men and they started laying done the foundations and gutting out the spare room. 

Lifting my nose to the air I breathed in letting the scents of the forest wash over me. The trees, the grass, the rivers and streams and the forest animals. My lion purred contentedly before it grumbled at the smell of the men and their sweat. Suddenly another scent reached my nose, It was coming from the opposite side of my territory from where I had overlapped some land with Dianna and Edward. 

"I am going patrolling, tell your boss that you should all stay by the cabin," I said to one of the workmen standing next to the blueprints. 

"Yes sir" He replied quickly averting his eyes when I started removing my clothing.

Shifting into my lion form I heard the workmen gasp in surprise. Giving them no mind I shook out my mane before entering into the forest. Pulling my lips back I let the scent pass my Jacobson's Organ on the roof of my mouth. I still couldn't distinguish the scent because I hadn't scented it before. 

Letting a huff escape my lips I continued to follow the trail. I hardly used this part of my territory so as I went on I made sure to scent mark. Once I got to the end of the trail my heart fell. Stepping out into the clearing I let out a quiet hum. 

Three heads snapped to me, one in fear and two in curiosity. Approaching slowly I took my human form. The scene before me was heartbreaking. A female cheetah was lying bloodied and beaten and close to death just inside of my territory. Her two cubs were chirping and meowing at her but I knew she would be able to get up. 

Her wounds were severe and if she didn't get medical attention soon she would die.

"Kenji, I need you to call an ambulance and send them east from the cabin, there's a female cheetah shifter close to death just inside of our territory" I spoke into the mind link hoping he hadn't blocked it. 

"Right away Spiros, it should take ten minutes, tell her to hold on" Came Kenji's instantaneous reply.

Keeping the link between myself and Kenji open I dropped to my knees next to the female cheetah. She eyed me warily hissing at me as her two cubs came to investigate me. 

"I won't hurt them, can you shift back I called an ambulance for you and it would work better if you were human," I said as I gently pet through both cubs head fur.   

Nodding at me the female cheetah stretched out her body wincing as she shifted into a woman. She was lean, with a runners build. She was very tan and her hazel eyes were still looking at me with distrust.  And her long light brown hair framed her face. I could see her wound clearer now that she didn't have fur. She was covered with claw and bite wounds that were bleeding out. 

"Who are you" She croaked spitting some blood onto the forest floor. 

"I am Spiros, are you alright. What happened to you, what is your name" I responded firing questions at her. 

"I have no mate, I am a single mother trying to keep my territory. A male leopard came passing through and decided he wanted my territory when I said no we fought. The fight was awful I wasn't strong enough to protect my home or my cubs. I may die soon and leave them behind. My name is Honey and my cubs are 10 years old" She replied as tears started to gather in her eyes. 

"Please hold on a bit longer Honey, the ambulance should be here soon" I begged as her skin started to become grey. 

 "If I don't make it look after my cubs, please," she asked as she took in a strangled breath. 

The sound of the siren reached my ears before it broke through the tree line. When the driver spotted us she jumped out of the vehicle with the other paramedic. They came running over, once they had gotten to Honey they got her onto a stretcher and rushed her into the ambulance. 

Her cubs tried to follow so I scooped them into my arms to make sure they were safe. As the ambulance pulled away I was left with the two cheetah cubs and a heavy weight on my shoulders. I hope Honey will pull through, she has to. 

"Kenji I'm heading to the hospital can I meet you there," I said through the mind link.

"Yes Spiros, I am heading to keep the cheetah company" Kenji replied sounding like he was panting. 

Steeling my resolve started on the path back to my cabin, I needed to get to the hospital so that she could be with her cubs.