ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵉⁿ

✰  ✰  ✰

✰ ✰ ✰

"ANNA TOOK ELENA."

Stefan barged into the living room with an annoyed expression, successfully gaining the attention of his older sister.

She glanced up from her phone and gave him an unbothered look. Stefan sighed when he saw her raise an eyebrow at his troubles. She had already overheard his conversation with Damon from only moments before.

"I know you and Damon visited Anna yesterday. Just tell me where she is."

Evie stood up from the couch and started to walk out of the living room. "Where's the fun in that?" A smile made its way on to her face when she saw the frown Stefan sported. "Good luck!"

She exited the Boarding House and made her way to the Mystic Grill, thankfully spotting a familiar man at the bar. The girl waved down the bartender and ordered a bourbon before sitting beside her friend.

"Just the man I wanted to see," She greeted with a small smile.

Alaric glanced at the girl beside him before returning to his drink, ignoring her presence. The bartender slid Evie her drink before walking away, a quick 'thank you' passing her lips.

"I thought we were friends, Ric. Don't ignore me," She teased him.

"That was before I found out you were related to the man who killed my wife," Alaric scoffed. His eyes turned from his glass and gazed into her bright blue eyes. "I know what you are."

The girl next to him let a smile take over her face before she took a sip of her bourbon. Her eyebrows raised in anticipation. "Tell me all about it, Buffy."

An hour later, Evie noticed a certain brunette entering the Grill and sitting at a table near the pool tables. She bid Alaric goodbye and grabbed her drink before moving towards her favorite teenager.

"Studying for a test?" She questioned, staring at the different papers sprawled across the table. Jeremy looked up and smiled at the girl, shaking his head in response.

"No, just some homework." He grabbed his backpack out of the seat beside him and motioned for the girl to take a seat and join him. "What were you and Mr.Saltzman talking about?"

"Just memories. I'm trying to get him back in my good graces."

Jeremy chuckled, stealing a glance at his history teacher, who was now standing up and placing a twenty on the bar. "And how is that going?"