ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ

✰  ✰  ✰

✰ ✰ ✰

A GIRL STANDS IN FRONT OF THE BAR WITH HER ARMS CROSSED, WAITING FOR THE BARTENDER TO COME OVER SO THAT SHE CAN ORDER. Annoyance shown clearly on her face at the bartender who was currently trying to get the number of a teenage girl, taking advantage of her drunken nature to flirt his way into her pants.

After a few minutes of waiting, the bartender notices her and walks over slowly, defeat in his eyes. "What can I get you?"

"Two bourbons, neat."

The bartender let out a small chuckle as his eyes raked over the girl's body. He mirrored her posture and crossed his arms in a mocking manner. "I can't serve minors. Run along, now."

"Yet the law was merely a suggestion when it comes to you getting into that minor's pants," The girl replied with a smirk, knowing that she had bested the man.

The bartender rolled his eyes and complied, starting on the drinks as the girl impatiently tapped her heeled combat boot clad feet. Soon enough, he slid over the drinks and walked off without another word spoken to her, only a glare sent her direction.

She grabbed the drinks with a sarcastic smile and walked over to the booth, sitting down across from a man and handing him one of the drinks.

"Rough time with the bartender?" He teases her lightly as he raised the glass to his lips. It was a common occurrence for the girl to be denied a drink as she looked underage, yet she was twenty-four.

"Shut up, Damon," She grumbled and downed a portion of her drink. The girl's eyes scanned the crowd in the bar at the time.

There were few people in the Mystic Falls Grill, as it was late at night and most people were asleep. A certain blonde with her head laid against the table caught the girl's attention.

"Earth to Evie," The man, Damon, spoke loudly, snapping his fingers in front of the girl's face. She turned to face him again, smacking his hand away from her vicinity.

Evie's body slumped into the booth. From her lips came a small sigh, her focus turning back to the glass of bourbon placed in front of her.

"I'm tired of this place already," She mumbled, being used to the fun nights cities often provided, not the stillness of small towns.

"Go home. I have some other plans to attend to," he responded with a smirk, his gaze passing over something behind Evie.

Evie rolled her eyes and stood up. With a final goodbye, she downed her bourbon and made her way out of the Mystic Grill.

As she was passing by the blonde, she made eye contact with her. The blonde's head was now up and Evie could easily see her beauty.

The blonde had red eyes with enlarged pupils that gave off the idea of her drunkenness. She offered Evie a smile, to which Evie responded with a wink as she finally exited the Grill.

✰ ✰ ✰

Entering the home, Evie came face to face with her great nephew, Zachary Salvatore. "You're still alive?" She asked, seemingly shocked that the man had survived for so long whilst being involved with vampires.

"Evie," He greeted her, his voice monotone. "Why are you two here?"

"Family's important, Zachary," She responded sarcastically, letting a smirk tug at her lips.

Zachary let out a scoff at her words, shaking his head. "It's never that easy with the two of you."

Annoyed, Evie rushed forward and slams the man against the wall, her hand against his throat, cutting off his air supply. "Don't mistake me for Stefan. Keep your nose in your own business."

The girl released her hold on him after a few moments and walked over to the liquor table to pour herself a glass of bourbon. After pouring her own glass, she raised the bottle towards Zach in question, but he only looked at her in fear and anger.

She shrugged before grabbing her drink and downing it in one gulp. "Goodnight, Zachary," She taunted him as she went upstairs to her room.