ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁿⁱⁿᵉ

✰  ✰  ✰

✰ ✰ ✰

THE BRUSH GLIDED THROUGH THE BLACK LOCKS UPON EVELYN SALVATORE'S HEAD. She knew her hair was already free of tangles, but she was bored and wanted to pass time.

A knock from the door pulled her attention away from her reflection, her delicate voice ushering the person on the other side in. Emily walked into the bedroom.

"Excuse me, Miss Evelyn. Miss Katherine requests your company in the garden."

The brush was set upon her desk as she bounded up in delight. "Thank you, Emily!" Her hands gripped the material of her dress, pulling it up slightly as to not trip as she ran out of her bedroom.

The girl made her way to the garden and saw Katherine standing under a tree, her lips tugging up into a smile when she saw Evelyn's approaching figure.

"Do my brothers bore you that quickly, Kat?" Evelyn jokingly asked the girl, knowing that Katherine had spent the day with both Salvatore boys.

Katherine reached out and grabbed the girl's hands, holding onto them tightly. "Have you decided?" She asked the girl, ignoring the previous question.

A somber look fell over Evelyn's face. Her gaze shifted to the ground as her thoughts took over. Sighing, she returned to Katherine's eyes.

"Yes. I'm in."

Katherine smirked and released Evelyn's hands, instead choosing to loop their arms as they started to walk through the garden.

"We're going to have so much fun, Evelyn! It will be us against the world."

Evelyn rolled her eyes playfully before gazing at the vampire. "Will it hurt?"

A sigh left Katherine's lips. "You have to die, Evelyn. Of course it will hurt. But, you will have your brothers and I by your side. You will be unstoppable."

Ahead of the girls stood the Salvatore brothers. Their eyes laid upon the two approaching. The girls shared a smile before giggling amongst themselves and running hand-in-hand towards the boys.

✰  ✰  ✰

Evie entered the Gilbert residence with Damon hot on her trail. Jenna, Elena's aunt, smiled politely at the two before directing her words to the girl.

"Jeremy's in his room upstairs."

Evie offered the woman a nod in thanks before making her way to the boy's room, parting from Damon. Jeremy laid upon his bed, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the journal in his hands.